Paintable cars

Urbanoutlaw

Is anyone playing w/ TXD editors to make cars CARCOLS compatible (like both Monster trucks, the Bandito & the Hotknife).

Want a little variety in the ones to show up in traffic.

Can trade SA v1 script edits (weapons & vehicles) for them.

Just for the record, there are 3 different monster trucks... The one that appears near the LS forum, Michelle's custom by her shop and the last which appears in the trailer park southwest of the Flint Intersection. The last one IS included in carcols.dat and can be changed too.

As for the Bandito, why would you want different colors? It basically has no body parts - just a frame. So the color changes would only affect the frame... And doesn't it never show up 'in traffic'? BTW, I looked into the file afterward and the Bandito was listed in mine as having other colors. Whether they take effect or not I'm not sure cuz I never noticed. I rarely bother with that vehicle.

The Hotknife would be a good candidate for color changes. I can't stand the one ugly paint job it does have. Been thinking of reskinning that one for personal use myself. Too bad I don't fart around with 3D editing or I might take you up on the challenge!

Edited by RanxeroX

I'm pretty sure the truck at flint & Michelle's is the same truck (& the one from the Toreno mission "Monster"). I'll have

to see If I can find my other save file & get a screenshot.

I hacked my DATA files & the Bandito (Patriot & Phoenix) show up as Vago cars. The Bandito, always seems to show up

in turd brown, if any of it does change color, I haven't noticed either. It'd be a good candidate for a brightly colored

frame, seat & nice chromey engine. I also hacked the script & Helana's Bandito got replaced by a Patriot.

I was thinking the original paint jobs for the Hotknife & monsters as Transfenders paintjobs you could get.

I'd also like to add Patriot & Barracks OL, I've tried setting their colors in the script (I placed them & weapons at the

National Guard depot you raid in "Robbing Uncle Sam"), but you get the same desert tan color.

Anyone good w/ TXD editor?

RanxeroX - I stand corrected, I honestly thought Michelle's truck was the Flint intersection truck w/ a paint job.

MichellFlintMonster.jpg

All I can say is that a few years back I got hit in the head w/ a 400 pound steel bar. Most of the time I can BS my way

through, but sometimes you catch me (don't get used to it, those occasions are rare :lol: ).

Anyway, nice catch on that.

When someone gets to the "Monster" mission (first one after desert opens up), can you get a screenshot?

bandito.jpg

I've had the frame black,

and the engine and exhausts a little shinier, as well as the wheels (more subtle).

The springs are now red, not blue...

And, there are racing - esque stripes on the seat, but i couldn't be bothered to get another screen.

Any requests?

Edit: Yeah, that screenie is a bit small.

Also, like the hoodie? :P

RanxeroX - I stand corrected, I honestly thought Michelle's truck was the Flint intersection truck w/ a paint job.

All I can say is that a few years back I got hit in the head w/ a 400 pound steel bar. Most of the time I can BS my way

through, but sometimes you catch me (don't get used to it, those occasions are rare :lol: ).

Anyway, nice catch on that.

When someone gets to the "Monster" mission (first one after desert opens up), can you get a screenshot?

No problem. And hey, I can save you the trouble with waiting for the 'Monster' pic. I'm almost positive it's just the plain vanilla one. I saved it in the Fort Carson garage after the mission and looked at it again sometime later on so my memory's pretty good on that (didn't get hit with the bar :D ).