Hidden Peds Mod

RanxeroX

For those who've been following my hidden peds updates and how I mentioned I'd have more info soon, here it is... After a lot of testing and work, I've made great progress! Instead of just one new ped, I've got a total of 20 new people working! So rather than tell you all how to add them one at a time, I've decided to turn it into a mod and spare you the trouble. I've just uploaded it today so watch for it to get it approved (hopefully soon... hint hint) and then you can try them out.

To give you a bit of a teaser, I've got 2 new drug dealers, a psycho and seven Mafia types, among others. I'm especially happy with the Mafia gang! I've placed them in areas for maximum interaction with local gangs. They appear and act just like any other gang! They attack any other group on sight and carry Desert Eagles and Colts. Stand on the sidelines and you can watch the bullets fly and the body-count climb...

So be sure to watch for it and give 'em a try! And please give it a ratiing (a good one I hope :rolleyes::D )

Edited by RanxeroX

does this includes the previous discovered peds?

Yes, it does... That's kinda why I said,"A total of 19 new people". With all the others included, I don't think you'll be too disappointed right? ;)

Wow! I just checked the Downloads and my mod was already approved. Thanks to whoever pulled that off! So no waiting and go crazy DL'ing I guess! :yup:

Edited by RanxeroX

Nice work, all 3 of your original hidden peds work nicely (including the pimp's voice), I'll be playing around w/ this later.

Thanx for the complement! It's always good to know the effort was appreciated.

Speaking of voices, a day after putting up the mod I remembered I had forgotten all about mentioning in my docs about what I discovered and changed with voices. It's a small thing so it's hardly worth updating the mod and I'll bet hardly anyone notices but... While going through the gang audio stream info, I noticed that the Triad gang's characters were all assigned the same audio stream, except the Triad boss got a different one for what I assume is his in-car dialogue. When I checked what's in the gang sound-bank, they actually have 4 different 'tracks'. So I reassigned (and tested) so that they are evenly used between them. Triad A stays the same (stream 1) for street talk but gets new in-car (stream 2). Triad B gets stream 2 street and stream 4 in-car. And the Boss gets stream 4 street and stream 5 in-car. BTW, don't mess with this setup unless you know EXACTLY what you're doing!

I also didn't mention that the Rich Kid's dialogue is completely new! I used an audio stream that wasn't being used by any others...

The two pool players' street talk is also partly why I put them in the mod. You get to hear them use it. It seemed a shame to let it just go to waste!

And yeah, the pimp's dialogue continues to surprise me... He's got as much to say as any of the regular people - maybe more! I went into a bar and there he was ordering a drink even.

This just gets better, nice work.

Can you make a "cheat sheet" identifying the peds? I'd like to play around a little w/ where they show up.

I suppose so... But what exactly did you need to know? Their in-game titles? Or were you thinking along the lines of a headshot with the ped's name below?

I'll assume the former and give you the list below:

Lifeguard - WMYLG Pimp - BMYPIMP Preacher - WMOPREA

Italian Mafia - VMAFF1, VMAFF2, VMAFF3, VMAFF4

Mafia Thugs - MAFFA, MAFFB, MAFBOSS

Hispanic Drug Dealer - HMYDRUG Biker Drug Dealer - BIKDRUG

Psycho - PSYCHO Rich Kid - MEDIATR

Pool Players - BMYPOL1, BMYPOL2

Old Security Guard - BMOSEC Black Bouncer - BMYBOUN

Hope that's what you're after!

Just be sure not to break up the Mafia gang or the results could be unpredictable... It's not something I've tried and I don't really recommend it.

Edited by RanxeroX