Frozen Game

Klacid

I have a simple question. I bought GTAIII, VC, and SA for the PC. SA was at V2. I downgraded it. I'm also playing this on a new PC, so there should not be any problems. However, I modded GTAIII with the Intercity Highway and Miss Liberty Pack. No problems there, the game works perfectly. I downloaded a lot of mods for SA, but only added the Katana mod that makes your Katana like Cloud Strife's sword in FF. All the mods were downloaded from The GTA Place. My game froze just at the bomb shop where you can find the Katana. Is it because I originally had V2 of the game, or because I can't have 2 games modded at once, or because of something else?

You can have two games modded at the same time. That's not the problem though. You must install it correctly for it to work. After the downgrade, you should be able to download mods and stuff. Just open up IMG Tool, remember to back up your files, then open the gta3.img, then click on 'Edit', 'Find', and type in katana.dff or katana.txd and click 'Commands', 'Replace'. Then find the modded katana.dff or katana.txd and press OK or whatever it says.

I have a simple question. I bought GTAIII, VC, and SA for the PC. SA was at V2. I downgraded it. I'm also playing this on a new PC, so there should not be any problems. However, I modded GTAIII with the Intercity Highway and Miss Liberty Pack. No problems there, the game works perfectly. I downloaded a lot of mods for SA, but only added the Katana mod that makes your Katana like Cloud Strife's sword in FF. All the mods were downloaded from The GTA Place. My game froze just at the bomb shop where you can find the Katana. Is it because I originally had V2 of the game, or because I can't have 2 games modded at once, or because of something else?

You can mod your SA but you have to make a choice(for some crappy reason if it would crash your game) of installing the mod. But if you have lots of mods like about 20, 30,40, or even 50, you can't connect to a server in SA:MP. Good thing that I made a copy of the original gta3 file in the model folder because once when I downloaded lots of mods, and then when I tried to connect to a server in SA:MP, it started to lag and lots of stuff were popping out of no where. So remember that. I'm not forcing you I'm just telling you of how it feels when you lag in a server. But you might wanna download mods in another computer. For example, lots of mods in another computer and no mods in another computer.

Sounds like you got the downgrade handled & I don't think SA would even load if that were the issue. You'd be surprised

how many people miss that one.

I remember an old headache w/ the GTA IMG tools, the "REPLACE" option was glitchy & it was recommended to use

"DELETE" & "ADD" instead. It sounds like the Katana model is the problem, when you get close enough to spawn, it causes

the game to crash. It could also be a glitchy model or your GTA3.IMG still has both models. I presume SA worked until

you added the Katana.

Copy GTA3.IMG & the DATA into a folder called BACKUP or similar.

Start by opening GTA3.IMG & look for the Katana DFF & TXD, once you find them, export them to your desktop & search

again (they should be at the bottom of the file). If you find them again, problem solved. If not, try re-installing them &

make sure you finish w/ "REBUILD ARCHIVE" before you save & close. If you still have problems then re-install the game

(You backed up first, right?) & just install the Katana to see if it's the problem. While the original GTA3.IMG is loaded,

extract the Katana DFF & TXD & put them a folder called "R* KATANA" in your BACKUP folder. I did this w/ all of the

models I replaced when I modded VC & suggest you also test & back up GTA3.IMG after you install each mod. It takes

a little longer but when something screws up, you know exactly what went wrong & fixing it is a lot easier.

If you still have problems, delete the new katana DFF & TXD & install the originals you extracted & saved. You won't have

the FF sword, but at least your game should work now.

Good luck.

Edited by Urbanoutlaw