Motherboard starts and then soft-offs itself

Huckleberry Pie

OK, so I assembled an Asus P5S-MX SE board, added the necessary stuff to it, and when I'm about to boot it up after I slapped it in a case with a brand new power supply, the fan shuts down after a few seconds. There wasn't anything that's obviously wrong with my setup - practically everything was there, all except that it mucked up, even if it started in a bench test before heading home. Any suggestions?

Did you get Asus PCProbe II with that mobo? Try running that and check the temp of the NB, SB and CPU.

Yes, but on the BIOS it reads 40-40+ degrees Centigrade, then, a few minutes later, it shuts down by itself. Unless if you try to reboot it a few times. Is there something wrong with my board? Cause I don't want to spend another thirty to fifty bucks on a replacement...

I have a patched mobo, (a couple capacitors blew last year) & currently have to keep the side cover off w/ a desk fan

blowing into it. You could look at your board for any sign of bulging in the circuits, mine were obvious.

Even new parts can be defective.

Yeah, agreed. Where did you bought the caps for your board? Some people say such components are rawther hard to find - I think I have to go to Raon in Manila (known for electronics shops and stuff) and find a certain capacitor...

I tried using a small hammer to tap them flat again, but that didn't work.......

Seriously, I've got a good hardware guy who's dayjob is building circuit boards. He fixed it on a break at work.

Sorry I can't be more help but one of the other guys should have a source. I did a quick search for CAPACITORS &

got this -

http://www.elecdir.com/site/store/1823/index.html