Mods slowing down my game?

nate skates

Sa usually runs on my laptop at 25/30 fps. When im driving one of my modded cars or are near one, the fps drops to about 7/10. Did i install them wrong? Or is my comp too weak?

BTW, I have a 1.6 GHZ Celeron M with 1.5 gb ram and integrted graphics.

Celeron M and integrated graphics? It can and will impose a performance penalty on your game, especially with the mods on, since most mods have more polygons than the stock ones, adding the burden to the hardware. I once tested a Hyundai Starex mod on a PC (which probably ran on a Pentium D or a Celeron D, and 128MB video, I think) and whenever I come across the vehicle, the frame rate drops. So my best bet is to try a desktop with a decent graphics card, and avoid Celerons as much as possible... I have a Pentium Dual with a 7300LE, and 1GB RAM, and I usually get 25-30fps on minimal settings...

Edited by Huckleberry Pie

how about this one will it work better?

AMD atholon xp 1500+ 1.3 ghz

768 gb ram

ATI card, i dont know what model, i only know that its from around 2001.

Still poor, judging from the graphics card. I suggest that you pick a GeForce 7300 LE card, with PCI-express. If your mobo's not to the task of running PCI-e, you can buy a new one, with a Core2Duo ready slot. And that's 768MB, 768GB would be overkill...

At least you got your laptop to run it. My Acer has an AMD 2800 running at 1.8 gig & the game barely loads. A lot of

the following is based on the presumption that you can upgrade your laptop.

The on-board graphics just won't give you good performance because the main processor is splitting work between

the game & showing you graphics. A separate video card takes the load off your processor & lets it concentrate on

handling game instructions & user inputs, so the game runs faster & smoother. There's other people here that can

explain it better but that's the short answer.

On the AMD machine, I presume you mean 768 MEG of RAM. Upgrade to 1 gig & look for a video card along

the lines of an N-Vidia 5500 (suggested only as a point of of reference), preferably w/ 256 meg or more of video RAM.

The 1.3 gig chip is still a little slow for SA but w/ a decent video card should give you better performance. If you can

get a better processor that helps.

Omg. I have a stock dell dimension 3100 and its so laggy. Not even playable really :(

Judging from these fact that you only have 256MB on your Dell, I suggest that you feed it with more, since 256 alone would involve using virtual memory too often, resulting in lag...

My mum has pc with 1GB ram / dual core proccessor but its broke at the moment. Would that be any good to play GTA with mods on?

My new Alienware is on its way, here's a quick glance.....

Area-51® m17x:

Video/Graphics Card: Dual 512MB NVIDIA® GeForce® Go 8800M GTX – SLI Enabled

Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme X9000 2.8GHz (6MB Cache 800MHz FSB)

Memory: 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SO-DIMM at 667MHz – 2 x 2048MB

System Drive: Extreme Performance (RAID 0) - 500GB (250GB x 2) 7,200RPM (8MB Cache) w/ Free Fall Protection

Smart Bay: 500GB 5,400RPM (8MB Cache) Smart Bay

I think it will play games most efficiently, what do you think.

Omg. I have a stock dell dimension 3100 and its so laggy. Not even playable really :(

Judging from these fact that you only have 256MB on your Dell, I suggest that you feed it with more, since 256 alone would involve using virtual memory too often, resulting in lag...

My mum has pc with 1GB ram / dual core processor but its broke at the moment. Would that be any good to play GTA with mods on?

As long as you have a good video card, it will probably run SA on a decent frame rate, with minimal settings

My new Alienware is on its way, here's a quick glance.....

Area-51® m17x:

Video/Graphics Card: Dual 512MB NVIDIA® GeForce® Go 8800M GTX – SLI Enabled

Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme X9000 2.8GHz (6MB Cache 800MHz FSB)

Memory: 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SO-DIMM at 667MHz – 2 x 2048MB

System Drive: Extreme Performance (RAID 0) - 500GB (250GB x 2) 7,200RPM (8MB Cache) w/ Free Fall Protection

Smart Bay: 500GB 5,400RPM (8MB Cache) Smart Bay

I think it will play games most efficiently, what do you think.

With those specifications, that would run GTA better than you would expect. Besides, what can you expect from Alienware?