Router settings for SA:MP :(

Connor

I need some help with setting up my router to let people connect to my SA:MP server, I know I've set the server up properly, because it worked before I had a router. I need someone to guide me how to do it, I have a modem with a built in router from Sky broadband.

Don't just tell me I need to allow the ports or anything like that, it's pretty obvious. I just need a guide or someone to guide me step by step on it please.

Edited by Connor

ok you'l need to port forward, same thing you would do for bittorrent :P

first off, whats the make and model of the router.

eg my router is a SMC Barricade 7004ABR

How do I port forward my router for SA-MP? Tried making and publishing a torrent file of my own (a self-made one, not the usual stolen stuff) but I'm not able to at least send it to other users... Also, I can't connect to another remote desktop...

Edited by Huckleberry Pie

uhh ok.

router make and model?

you want to run a sa-mp server? make sure you have static IP i suppose otherwise it will be hard for people to keep track of it.

the remote desktop thing, what are you using? are you using mstsc (remote desktop) built in to xp pro? if the other computer is not xp pro, you cant do that. also you need to be either a member of the local administrators or remote desktop user groups on the machine you are trying to remote to. and that machine must be configured to accept remote connections (check the option in my computer > properties > remote, add exception to firewall, add which user accounts can use remote desktop)

you have to upload the torrent to a tracker, thats about as far as i know. never done that before so uh yeah.

Edited by WRX22B1998

uhh ok.

router make and model?

you want to run a sa-mp server? make sure you have static IP i suppose otherwise it will be hard for people to keep track of it.

the remote desktop thing, what are you using? are you using mstsc (remote desktop) built in to xp pro? if the other computer is not xp pro, you cant do that. also you need to be either a member of the local administrators or remote desktop user groups on the machine you are trying to remote to. and that machine must be configured to accept remote connections (check the option in my computer > properties > remote, add exception to firewall, add which user accounts can use remote desktop)

you have to upload the torrent to a tracker, thats about as far as i know. never done that before so uh yeah.

PLDT PL-DSL1; I'll look for the settings, though...

And I'm using VLC; Ice can root me from there and take control of my PC, but I can't take control of his, just because my computer keeps on telling me that it is unable to connect to the other PC. Same goes for MSTSC...

VLC ? vlc media player?

do you mean V N C ? lol.

i was gonna suggest to use vnc. i use tightvnc, but i havent tried over the internet. it works on my network at home, quite fun to remote control computer someone else is on :P

you would have to get him to open a port i'd say, that is likely the problem. or the whole conversion of private ip to public ip (eg 192.168.0.1 > 202.47.86.23)

i cant read filipino but maybe this thread is of use to you

i couldnt find that brand at all on portforward.com so yeah try that link ^

VLC ? vlc media player?

do you mean V N C ? lol.

i was gonna suggest to use vnc. i use tightvnc, but i havent tried over the internet. it works on my network at home, quite fun to remote control computer someone else is on :P

you would have to get him to open a port i'd say, that is likely the problem. or the whole conversion of private ip to public ip (eg 192.168.0.1 > 202.47.86.23)

i cant read filipino but maybe this thread is of use to you

i couldnt find that brand at all on portforward.com so yeah try that link ^

Oops, VNC, that is... They mentioned port forwarding there...

^ what?

uhh anyway, yeah you put the start and end port (start 7776 end 7778) and then you put ur lan IP address (the address when u type ipconfig of your computer, not gateway)

then you need to find your external IP (ipchicken.com), and then tell whoever, to connect to that IP and that port

eg 202.46.78.111:7777 , thats the connection info they'd put for SA-MP.

as for the torrent creation, click here I just googled "how to make a torrent" search that on youtube as well someone made a video.

^ what?

uhh anyway, yeah you put the start and end port (start 7776 end 7778) and then you put ur lan IP address (the address when u type ipconfig of your computer, not gateway)

then you need to find your external IP (ipchicken.com), and then tell whoever, to connect to that IP and that port

as for the torrent creation, click here I just googled "how to make a torrent" search that on youtube as well someone made a video.

Now can I test my VNC connection on you? Don't worry, I won't mess with your PC...

^ what?

Now can I test my VNC connection on you? Don't worry, I won't mess with your PC...

Ahah lol. That's not my IP i just made that up. :P . You can put a password protection for VNC anyways, so yeah.

Once I found out I had my VNC working from the computers in our house I started typing stuff in my sisters msn convo's lol. Then shut down the computer. :D