BSOD on boot

Huckleberry Pie

Sorry. I've never heard of this "BSOD" before. Just looked on Google Images for it, and now I know whats wrong. ^_^

Huck, I remember now about this error before on a friends computer.

Go into your system's cover, take it off etc.

And press a little circle button on the BIOS chip, or somewhere, then try restarting your computer again.

If your trying to boot to Windows.

This will reset the BIOS settings and allow you to boot up your computer again.

lol wut

Resetting the BIOS' CMOS can fix a problem related to overclocking preventing you from booting up or corrupted BIOS settings but I don't think it's related to Windows.

A picture of the BSOD is a good idea as well because not all BSODs are the same nor do they have the same cause. We can look at the error and see what Windows is interpreting the problem to be.

Try to get a picture of it on two occasions. I spent a week chasing down a bluescreen on the parents' computer. Eventually I decided to pay attention to the message and found out that it was a bad memory chip.

Try to get the information and memory location - going to look something like 0000x0x0 or whatever.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys, but it's already fixed now; I used chkdsk via the Recovery Console. Shame that I had to uninstall SA; my brother yelled at me again, blaming the BSOD on my San Andreas install, which has a total conversion mod on it... Sometimes, I get pissed off at my brother's way of dealing with his sibilings, you know...

Most important is the error code.

And usually the text gives a fairly good indication of the problem.

chkdsk /f, right? That's for if it stops while still booting Windows. Just some HDD prob then.

Just said that for if anyone else googles something and comes to this thread.. you know.