Trophy Help/Discussion

Mpilk901

Untitled-1copy.jpg

Welcome to the GTAIV Trophy Help and Discussion thread! Here you can ask advice from other members on how to achieve a trophy you've been stuck on, or just brag about your GTAIV Trophy Collection!

I currently have 5 GTAIV Trophies, I'm going for the 'Liberty City Minute' which requires you to complete the story is less than 30 hours. I reckon it should be easy.

Edited by FallenClyro

I've got around 14 trophies on this now, let me just check:

EDIT: No, 12 trophies, all below, all Bronze trophies:

Off The Boat - finish 1st mission

One Hundred And Eighty - get 180 with 3 darts

Pool Shark - beat a friend at pool

Driving Mr Bellic - unlock Romans taxi ability

Courier Service - complete all 10 package deliveries

Retail Therapy - unlock Jacobs Gun ability

Lowest Point - complete Romans Sorrow

Order Fulfilled - complete all 10 Exotic Export orders

Fed The Fish - finish the mission Uncle Vlad

Warm Coffee - you were invited into your girlfriends house

Cut Your Teeth - raised a rank in multiplayer

Let Sleeping Rockstars Lie - killed a Rockstar in multiplayer.

There's at least another 30 trophies I want to get, but the 1 trophy that has me stumped is the Taking A Liberty one, I have no idea what that is. There were some stupid rumours that you have to explore every square inch of the world, and then you get the trophy, but that's bullshit, surely? BTW, I may have earned 13 trophies actually, I think I've got Teamplayer as well - kill 5 opposing team members.

^ Err, no idea. I just entered into a deathmatch, looking to kill 20 guys with a pistol for a trophy. I killed this guy with a Desert Eagle from far away, and then I got the trophy, which was weird. He wasn't dressed in pants, though. He had full clothes on. There must be a few of them around if the trophy is only Bronze, I thought it'd be a Silver one at least.

I'm gonna try and get a few more Trophies tonight, I'll see how I go.

Edited by The Bossman

^ Err, no idea. I just entered into a deathmatch, looking to kill 20 guys with a pistol for a trophy. I killed this guy with a Desert Eagle from far away, and then I got the trophy, which was weird. He wasn't dressed in pants, though. He had full clothes on. There must be a few of them around if the trophy is only Bronze, I thought it'd be a Silver one at least.

I'm gonna try and get a few more Trophies tonight, I'll see how I go.

I got that trophy today, but I was in a game with 2 friends and nobody else. They weren't wearing the zombie clothes yet I got it when I killed one of them... Wierd?

OMG MY FRIEND WORKZ FOR ROCKSTARZ!!!

Edited by Mpilk901

i got every trophy achievable in single player mode and i got most of the multiplayer trophies except for:

fly the co-op

taking it for the team

wanted

auf weidersehen petrovic

someone tell me all the team games i gotta win for the 'taking it for the team' trophy cuz i read in forums that u gotta do:

Team Deathmatch

Team Mafia Work

Team Car Jack City

Cop’s `n` Crooks

Turf Wars

i was on the winning team for all and in cops n crooks i won on both sidez but still no trophy i dunno why

is there some twist to it? cuz for the midnight racing trophies i got both by doing races with 1 friend and it was just us doin 1 lap lettin each other win and it worked but we had to win once on each track in order to get it

if u know how to get this trophy please leave me a message to my ps3 account (cuz i most likely wont be on this site alot), ps3 account's called: Rajie_Gill

Edited by rajie_gill

• 1 month later...

Just got the GTA IV Platinum Trophy on the PS3 an hour ago. The last trophies I acheived were pretty much the toughest ones to earn. "Fly The Co-Op" "Wanted" & "Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic". For "Fly The Co-Op" you must beat the times for all 3 games in one sitting, meaning you can't quit. It's best to do all of these 3 games with only 2 people (yourself + a friend) on EASY difficulty.

Start by doing Bomb Da Base II >>

You and your friend both get into the same black Rebla at the start of the game and drive as quick as you can to the armoured van. Once there, kill everybody and take the truck as fast as you can to the yellow marker. Once the chopper appears, both get in quick and fly low between the buildings and head towards the boat. When you have the boat in your sight, fly toward the right side end of it and do a U-Turn in the air so that the passenger side of the chopper is facing the boat and the driver side is facing the ocean. Fly a little above the end of the boat and get the passenger to jump out, landing on the boat. The driver stays in the chopper.

Bottom Floor Bomb:

If you know how to do the glitch where you can plant the bomb from the deck of the boat, then do that and you will have no troubles. If not, then the passenger who jumped out on the back end of the boat goes straight into the door and kills the people on the inside and heads straight downstairs and tries to plant the bomb as fast as they can. Once planted, pull out a grenade, activate it and keep it held in your hand so you die from it, which will make you spawn closer to being off the boat or luckily off the boat instead.

Top Floor Bomb:

Soon as the passenger hops out and lands on the back end of the boat, the pilot of the chopper flies straight to the very top of the boat where the top floor bomb is located in the little tiny room that has a few guards in it. Take your time and try to steady the chopper on the very top of the little room's roof and jump out so you land right at the entrance to the little room, kill the guards and plant the bomb. (If the lower bomb hasn't yet been planted try to go and help if you must. You won't have to if the passenger player knows how to do the glitch for it, then it's a piece of cake). Once the top bomb is planted jump off the boat landing anywhere, in the water, or on the ground, who cares, just watch out for your lives incase you're running low.

Next, do Hangman's Noose which is fairly simple and easy to beat >>

Soon as the game starts, one person remains by the jet and shoots as many cops as they can, collecting health packs when low on health. The other person right away should hop on the small white airport cargo vehicle on the very right of the starting position and drive it all the way to where the anihalator choppers are located. That person gets into one chopper and flies it back towards the jet and hopefully Petrovic should be able to walk out of the jet. Park the chopper in the bottom yellow marker and then once everybody is in, fly to the safe-zone and crash land into it to quickly complete it. (This 1 is to easy).

Lastly, do Dealbreaker >>

Might take a few tries, but its beatable. Get in the car parked on Pegarino's driveway. If one is not there, then go into the garage and both players get in and go towards the chopper located at the house north of there (google it find the exact location if you do not know it already). Get in the chopper and fly to the roof of the building where the deal is going down, kill the guards at the top floor and collect the dropped money as you see them, don't leave any behind. Each person takes their own set of stairs down and kills everybody. On the 4th floor make sure you get the RPG, it's better if both of you just go right ahead and take one. Once you reach the end stage where you have to hunt down the final enemies, if you are lucky you will get the boat to spawn. Go near the edge of the land and fire the RPG directly at the boat when it is closest to you. The other person should have the chopper by now by going back up to the top while the RPG shooter is getting ready to fire. Land the chopper right by them so they can get in quick and fly back to the start area. If you happen to get the bikers to spawn at the end and be the final enemy, don't give up, it might still work, just keep playing because the more you do this the more easy it will be the next game you try since you know what you have to do.

I got this trophy in 45 minutes.

For WANTED:

Play Hangman's Noose the way you play it to beat the time over and over again on HARD difficulty. It takes approximately 22 successful tries to earn 100,000$ it will take about 1,111 times if you do this from rank 0. It will take weeks to a month or so, depending on how often you play.

Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic:

Hardest trophy to earn.

you need like 11 hours of free time, good internet connection, and 4 friends who will help you 100%. For most of it, only 2 people will be needed altogether (yourself + a friend) to get the 108 races done, and the games like deathmatch which require 2 players minimum. Do custom match start by doing races as they are the main part. Make sure you put private slots to MAX so no strangers will join. Then use the checklist and do everything. For team games, you will need 4 people altogether and boost it (meaning let you win, that's what friends are for).

you only have to win each game once. Do dealbreaker, hangmans noose, bomb da base 2 at the very end ok.

You must win cops and crooks in both rounds. One for all is easier.

Might have to leave your ps3 on if you're running out of online buddies at the time. Never quit or shut down ps3 or gta.

I STARTED AT 10:00AM AND FINISHED AT 8:00PM ONLY TAKING ONE 10 MINUTE BREAK TO SMOKE A CIGARETTE. real time consuming