WARNING: PowerUp PC cases

JAB HacksouL

I purchased a 450 watt atx case these jerks sell as part of a bare bones kit. So it came in the mail the corner is damaged and the case is like tinfoil. One of the face plates is missing a plastic chrome strip. I called the PowerUp service line 888-777-9700 you can try it. All day... I got a female saying, "Please answer the phone, thank you for calling PowerUp tech support." Then it hangs up. WTF!! ?

This is the photos:

wbylimjumj.thumb250.jpg

Point A is where the crack starts and runs to point B

pkzinytfcb.thumb250.jpg

bqnezzvfem.thumb250.jpg

The top has the chrome plastic hot glued in place the bottom never got one.

qrahvnfgit.thumb250.jpg

Don't buy "PowerUp" brand parts from ANY online distributor.

I am thinking I should use the cardboard box instead.

Nothing like doing business w/ honorable people, huh?

Okay, the case looks bad, does it at least work? If get stuck w/ it & want to repair, I think the plastic is the same

as model cars. Testors model cement will probably take care of the cracks. After that sand w/ 220 grit & you'd be

surprised at the results you would get from a can or Rustoleum. Check your local auto parts store for "touch up"

paint in custom colors.

Good luck, although I expect you'll find a creative way to salvage this headache.

I purchased a 450 watt atx case these jerks sell as part of a bare bones kit. So it came in the mail the corner is damaged and the case is like tinfoil. One of the face plates is missing a plastic chrome strip. I called the PowerUp service line 888-777-9700 you can try it. All day... I got a female saying, "Please answer the phone, thank you for calling PowerUp tech support." Then it hangs up. WTF!! ?

This is the photos:

wbylimjumj.thumb250.jpg

Point A is where the crack starts and runs to point B

pkzinytfcb.thumb250.jpg

bqnezzvfem.thumb250.jpg

The top has the chrome plastic hot glued in place the bottom never got one.

qrahvnfgit.thumb250.jpg

Don't buy "PowerUp" brand parts from ANY online distributor.

I am thinking I should use the cardboard box instead.

Agreed, although I'm luckier than you; I have a PC with a case that has thin sheet metal panels in the sides, and it is rather wobbly when you try to shake it in the sides, although it is quite stable. :hurrhurr:

......I have a PC with a case that has thin sheet metal panels in the sides, and it is rather wobbly when you try to shake it in the side.....

NEVER EVER NEVER SHAKE A PC!! Report PC abuse immediately, you CAN make a difference!

(I know that doesn't help, but thought you could use a laugh out of all this.)

Hmm, yeah. My point is that my PC case was made so shoddily, the side panels are too thin and I can lift it with little effort. But it still is a nice case.

Nothing like doing business w/ honorable people, huh?

Okay, the case looks bad, does it at least work? If get stuck w/ it & want to repair, I think the plastic is the same

as model cars. Testors model cement will probably take care of the cracks. After that sand w/ 220 grit & you'd be

surprised at the results you would get from a can or Rustoleum. Check your local auto parts store for "touch up"

paint in custom colors.

Good luck, although I expect you'll find a creative way to salvage this headache.

Thanks, I did hit it with the PVC glue and instead of the sand paper Dad suggested some steel wool. The case and power supply are working the red LEDs are a bit over the top. It has the clear side on the left so that is positioned on my left so I get the solid side. I like working with just the monitor light, the LEDs on the front are distracting enough.

Agreed, although I'm luckier than you; I have a PC with a case that has thin sheet metal panels in the sides, and it is rather wobbly when you try to shake it in the sides, although it is quite stable. :hurrhurr:

My Dad says the weirdest shit, he told me to remove all the sheet tin and just run the case open. Then he went off on one of his "pc war stories" talking about how some guy Steve built the first Apple in his garage with a plywood case blah blah blah blah blah etc...

Well after several hours of frustration I got the system back up and running. Same old OS and all just now I have a 500 GB sata drive plus the original 20 GB IDE. I went from 256 MB of RAM to 2 GB and from an old 1.1 Ghz Intel to a 2.2 Ghz Duo Core Intel. Sadly I couldn't get my old Nvidia 128MB card to work with the new system but the onboard driver is running 64MB with enough power and extras to make it up. This blows my brother's whipped Linux system away.

It still needs a few tweaks here and there and I want to get a new graphics card in the future.

JAB B)