Presidential failure

Urbanoutlaw

That was an early Liberal Translation, right after Porkulus was passed.

I think I saw the other one you're talking about, it was JUST one question, about the flyby of Air Force One in New York

(Costing taxpayers = $247-330k, depending on source). There's a reason I call Gibbs "Bobby Bouchet" Gibbs.

Edited by Urbanoutlaw

Your points about his brother and his "world apology" tour are pretty ridiculous in my opinion. Who are you to speak for his family, and what his brother wants? I've read plenty of articles about his brother, where he expresses his content with his life in Africa. You must realize that not everybody is interested in a life of greed and excess.

Though peaceful, life can be hard in this part of Kenya, one of the East African nation's poorest regions. Not only is there little infrastructure, but the region is prone to drought, which leaves many hungry.

Still, Malik Obama prefers the village to the fast-paced capital, Nairobi, where he grew up. He runs an electronics shop in a town a half-hour drive away, and works as a consultant in Washington for a few months each year.

Source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6333496

As for the apology tour, I'm really proud of Obama for doing all of that, and it's exactly why I voted for him. Just because he goes and visits leaders (and bows to them HOOO NOOOO) doesn't mean he's completely condoning their actions. He's proving that America is a more civilized country which is capable of humane actions even when its opponents may not be. He's building something called a foreign policy, which America has been lacking for quite some time.

I don't have much to say about the rest since I don't give a crap about economics.

Hey, rappo, whaddup? I figured you'd have the first serious response.

By Obama's brother, I meant George who lives on about $12 a year. Wasn't aware of Malik, sounds like he's not

doing too bad. Still thinks there's serious security concerns. My overall point is that he's NOT his brother's keeper

& doesn't need to be mine.

I think his "apology tour" sends the wrong message to people like Al Qeda, Iran & North Korea. His response to

North Korea's missile test was to talk about dismantling our own missile defenses. I presume you know NK is also

pursuing a nuclear program, pretty sure you already know why that + long rang missiles are bad.

Maybe you should care a little about the economics. Consider this, within a week of his 100th day, he took two cross

country trips, one for Earth Day & one for (yet another) town hall meeting & the infamous NOT ME authorized the

virtual barnstorming of New York. Listening to Gibbs try to explain that was hilarious. Between AF One, Marine One,

transporting Presidential & Secret Service vehicles & security racked up nearly $1 million. Who do you think pays

for all that?

I don't know about you but I'm tired of getting the bills for Obama's lifestyle of the rich & famous.

Aren't you the least bit disappointed that "change" just meant more of the same at even greater levels? I'm going

to guess you don't watch Fox news, but take a look at Glenn Beck's coverage of the Tea Parties. These aren't just

a bunch of white Republican cranks, these are Americans both Democrat & Republican, all colors & races who are

fed up. Who are tired of being ignored by THEIR elected representatives. There were (a lot) more than a handful

pissed at Obama because they believed in him & he broke his promises.

BTW, a few Tea Party turnouts -

Atlanta - 20,000

Manhattan - 10,000

San Antonio - 12,000

These numbers are typical of the big cities, estimated over 250,000 nation wide resulting in one arrest & one minor

injury. A woman dumping tea in Boston Harbor lost her balance & fell in, more embarrassed than injured. The worst

behavior was in Illinois, by a CNN reporter named Susan Rojan (spelling?). Pro-tip of the day, a reporter COVERS a

story, doesn't BECOME the story. Crap like this is why I quit watching CNN. Greg Gutman (Fox News, Red Eye) made

the observation that these events "looked more like picnics. Their only thing missing were people standing around

eating potato salad". I guess I needed to see these, they show me I'm not the only one not buying into Obama. The

relevance here is that people are noticing & Obama is noticing people are noticing.

ANYONE FROM CANADA: Is it true that the Canadian medical system has banned private insurance? I've heard this

but want confirmation from someone in Canada.

For me, Bush has always been bad news, after 9/11 I could understand American people wanting revenge for 3,000 (or more) people dieing, but people seem to forget there are kids in africa and elsewhere in the world who are dieing and who cares about them? Not many people, for me 9/11 was over publicised (if thats the right word for it) and since 9/11 we have had several one minutes silences (in UK) on 09/11 in school which I think was quite pointless for British people to do this (For Americans I can see the point).

Going to war with Afghanistan I sort of see why it was done but still dont agree with it, they got rid of the Taliban (for a while) but now there back so really there was really no point in invading Afghanistan other than pleasing the American public, and I dont see Osama Bin Laden gettin gcaught anytime soon.

Going to war with Iraq in my opinion was totally about oil, and so the US controlled a lot of it securing their own feature supplies, the used Saddam Hussein as a smoke-screen, funny how they aided him before and (cant remember who) but someone in this topic said he gassed his own poeple, well he probably got them weapons from America.

If the war was JUST about Saddam then once he was found and hung they would ahve left, but the American soldiers WILL ALWAYS be there if theres oil.

I dont see Osama Bin Laden gettin gcaught anytime soon.

I don't see Bin Lauden doing much of anything these days. We may not have caught him but have you seen his day

planner lately?

MONDAY: Hide in hole.

TUESDAY: Hide in hole.

WEDNESDAY: Look at picture of sunlight. Hide in hole.

(See a pattern?)

Going to war with Iraq in my opinion was totally about oil, and so the US controlled a lot of it securing their own feature supplies, the used Saddam Hussein as a smoke-screen, funny how they aided him before and (cant remember who) but someone in this topic said he gassed his own poeple, well he probably got them weapons from America. .

If we're "totally about oil" then why would we waste our time in Iraq when we have Alaskan & off-shore reserves or

Eastern US coal reserves (any of which rival what's left in the Middle East). Just for the record, the US needs to quit

screwing around w/ Middle East oil & rely on our own rescorces.

Yes, Hussein WAS an allie at one time. For a while we had a common enemy, Iran (who just attacked an Iraqi village).

That changed when Hussein got power hungry & invaded Kuwait. If you were paying attention, you would recall my

point that if we just walk out of Iraq now it would only become another Somalia, which has been without a functioning

government for over 10 years (have you noticed the pirates?).

BTW, AK47 (or the rest of the old Iraqi military's weapons) = NOT A US WEAPON. Most of the weapons in the Middle

East were Soviet, like the SCUD missiles Iraq launched (unprovoked) at Israel during Desert Storm.

Your chemistry teacher appears to have been off-topic again.

Consider this - If the US had gotten involved in WWII two years earlier (late 1939 as opposed to the end of 1941),

how much of Europe would have been spared Nazi occupation? We're still criticized for waiting until the attack on

Pearl Harbor before getting involved. By then Hitler occupied the bulk of Europe & confiscated it's rescorces for his

wart machine. So what, we don't get involved until we can be blamed for not stopping these things?

If we're "totally about oil" then why would we waste our time in Iraq when we have Alaskan & off-shore reserves or

Eastern US coal reserves (any of which rival what's left in the Middle East). Just for the record, the US needs to quit

screwing around w/ Middle East oil & rely on our own rescorces.

I dont know for sure how much coald/oil you have but Iraq has the second (behind Saudi) most oil resources in the world. For me that must be more oil than on the Alaskan and off shore reserves, plus when Saddam was in power he wasn't exporting oil.

If going into Iraq was all about the oil, where is it? I'd like to see some of this oil that was the supposed cause for the conflict because the current prices around the place beg to differ on that argument completely.

The oil for food programme.

Oil is so expensive now because we know its running out and the more closer to the point we are about to run out, it'll keep getting more expensive

I dont know for sure how much coald/oil you......

Then why are you arguing the point? You really need to quit worrying about US politics & worry more about yourself.

I thought you would be hard pressed to top your comment about not paying attention to "mainstream" media sources

when you spewed out your teacher's claim that Bush was behind 9/11, but you are a gift that keeps on giving.

The oil for food programme.

Oil is so expensive now because we know its running out and the more closer to the point we are about to run out, it'll keep getting more expensive

Do you mean this "Oil for Food" program?

http://www.iraqwatch.org/un/unscresolutions/s-res-712.htm

Pro-tip of the day UN = UNITED NATIONS, not United States. That's relevant because this program is a

UN program, not US.

Thank you for playing, you lose. Go home.

Edited by Urbanoutlaw

I didn't vote for Bush in 2000 or 2004, but i don't hate him. He had to make some tough decisions and some didn't work out as planned. And i don't think anyone should judge him because no one was in that situation.

I think everyone can agree that Hoover was the biggest presidential failure ever.

Edited by Noxfaratos