I'm planning on moving to a paid host

OK, so I was thinking of moving, again. I know this might be too drastic, but the thing is that I'll be into buying a paid hosting plan for about 1200 pesos, or about $25 (or perhaps a better plan at 50 bucks, I dunno). Although that depends if I get a decent job or if I'm really convinced at their services.

This is in response to those bouts of downtime and stuff, and my assumption that this board will be in good hands if I go for paid. I might put up some ads here to help compensate for the operational costs, or perhaps depend on voluntary donations ala-Wikipedia (nice, but will kids and other members pay?).

Any thoughts on this?

Kids won't pay unless they've stolen a parent's credit/debit card. Members won't pay unless there's content there that can't be obtained anywhere else.

But yeah you'll get way better uptime with a paid host. The one you linked to doesn't even load for me and if they can't get their own site close to 100% uptime they are not worth going with. EDIT: Yes it does load incredibly slowly now, awesome.

Go with someone trustworthy, like me, for example ;)

Could give you what they offer there for the same price on my server. Only difference is my server is in the UK.

ITT: Chris sells out.

j/k but seriously I can offer paid hosting to members here if anyone needs it.

Kids won't pay unless they've stolen a parent's credit/debit card. Members won't pay unless there's content there that can't be obtained anywhere else.

But yeah you'll get way better uptime with a paid host. The one you linked to doesn't even load for me and if they can't get their own site close to 100% uptime they are not worth going with. EDIT: Yes it does load incredibly slowly now, awesome.

Go with someone trustworthy, like me, for example ;)

Could give you what they offer there for the same price on my server. Only difference is my server is in the UK.

ITT: Chris sells out.

j/k but seriously I can offer paid hosting to members here if anyone needs it.

How much? And any details on the plan?