Sign in to follow this  
randomman

IPB forums

Cut down software, basically. When you download IPB you get waaay more features and bigger customization. The basic layout and feel of the two are the same though. The Admin CP even looks a bit alike.

No. You download IPB and install it to your own website and stuff. With IF you register and they give you a URL and everything. So really it's not that great to use IF for your website. Unless, like IF, your site is a cheap little free-hosted site, too.

well no actually you can either.

a.download and host it on your website or

b. register on www.ipbfree.com and they'll give you a url and everything without you haveing to download it and host it and s**t.

why when free is just as good.

Good sites that are made in html but hosted on free hosts are just as good as paid hosts.

Oh unless your talking about freewebs crappy editor.

But good sites are good because of there deisgn not here host.

why when free is just as good.

Good sites that are made in html but hosted on free hosts are just as good as paid hosts.

Oh unless your talking about freewebs crappy editor.

But good sites are good because of there deisgn not here host.

Show me a free hosted site that is decent.

Ok then i will.

But before i do just tell me why free hosting makes a diffenece to the quality of the site

Because it's hard to find free hosting that allows total customization and FTP access. Especially without ads. I tried getting free hosting for HBL, and even my fuckin' IFRAME had ads on it, so I was getting twice the ads. It sucked ass.

Free is not near as good as paid. On websites, you get small storage, no bandwidth, advertisments and browser upload. Paid hosts, you get alot of storage (depending on the package you pick), good bandwitch (again, depends on what you pay), and usually ftp upload. Forums are the same, you can't add hacks or mods to a free forum, and you usually have no control of what's hosting it.

You can have hacks on free forums

Gay ones that suck and just imitate the real hacks. Like the money hack, SUCKS! It goes by post count, so the only way to change it is to change your post count. And the arcade, is stupid. It's just putting a link on your forums that leads to a big arcade page.