Haiti Earthquake Charity Single

Bear

Simon Cowell is getting a group of singers to cover the REM song Everybody Hurts. It may seem like a just cause but I must say it annoys me that these people are getting publicity and news cover as they are giving up their time to make this song. Why couldn't they all donate money, after all they are worth millions. Maybe they have, who knows.

What are your thoughts?

Simon Cowell is getting a group of singers to cover the REM song Everybody Hurts. It may seem like a just cause but I must say it annoys me that these people are getting publicity and news cover as they are giving up their time to make this song. Why couldn't they all donate money, after all they are worth millions. Maybe they have, who knows.

What are your thoughts?

I think it's more of a publicity stunt than a proper act of charity. Yeah, I agree that they should give away money if they want to prove their sincerity.

Its like Paul McCartney is involved, he is a billionaire. Im sure a couple of million would be small change for him. But hey he is giving up his time which is so much better apprantly ¬_¬

In a magazine Kelly Osbourne was harping on about how she is sending her clothes to Haiti and wants the public to do the same. They act like they are so a great thing when they are just bloody lazy. But all these people are getting praise for being good people for helping. George Clooney has donated a few million.

Raises awareness of the situation in Haiti. It will increase the chance of people donating as at the end of the day, about half of the population support what celebrities support.

I suppose you could also argue the same issue with people who aren't celebrities. A few pounds might not seem like much to us but that doesn't mean people are willing to part with it. Celebrities/Wealthy people could feel the same way.