The Sega CD Thread

BlackListedB

Sega CD, a rather large and spendyh add one became part of the game system before it became Supplanted in the console evolutionary war

My question to you is have you experienced 16 bit Sega CD action? One of the first systems I used with real video on CD gaming. Based off the earlier idea of optical disc 12 inch games in the arcade like Dragon's Lair and MACH 3.

The Philips CDi systems as I recall was out around the same time, as NEC as well. I only invested in the Sega for the most part, I wonder if there's anyone else. What games do you remember? What did you favor? What do you think the value might be? I wonder because I've been told the value seems to be going up, For me, hard to say, really.

We had a US-spec Genesis back then. Only a few games, plus we don't have the Sega CD or 32X addon (which is pretty much like an inefficiently-utilised piece of garbage, frankly speaking, with games only consisting of rehashed shovelware and gimmicky FMV games). It was fine, actually, although the AC adaptor kinda fsck'd up after playing it for a while, requiring a few minutes of cooldown before gameplay resumes.

• 2 weeks later...

FMV is Full Motion Video, those games were of great interest to me, I think SonicCD gave some idea of how the SegaCD peripheral could allow much bigger, beefed up games I think. The X32 was the one item that never got time to grow a software base. I think it could have fared better then the Atari Jaguar, but they gave that 64bits and it didn't sway anyone from a software standpoint. I think it was a rather ugly looking system to boot