Borderlands, Fallout 3 (GOTY edition) or something else?

Sherman

So, basically I love playing Fable 2. Unfortunately, it was super short and didn't last me very long. I loved the storyline and RPG elements. I need something that is going to be super fun offline (As I'm not going to be online for much longer)

Instead of asking message boards at GFAQs, I thought I'd come here and see if anyone had suggestions. I don't know exactly what either are about, so a little background with your suggestion would be excellent. Even another suggestion of a game would be great. I don't care if it's new or old, honestly. I'm wanting something good and fresh.

Stay out of Borderlands, it's more of a dull FPS rather than a good RPG.

Fallout 3 is super fun and it should last you ages, especially with all the DLCs, I'd recommend that.

Oblivion is also a great choice, it's pretty similar to Fallout but unique and fresh enough to warrant a purchase.

Stepping out of the rpg element, I can't help but recommend Heavy Rain, especially since you enjoyed Indigo Prophecy.

Oh and if you still have a PS2, you need to get Persona 3, it's a really really fun jrpg that combines turn based combat, dating, colecting demons and fighting/ using them. It's pretty versatile and while it might not sound like something you'd like at first, it's REALLY good. Hell, I had never played a jrpg before this one and I just loved it to death.

I've played like 10 minutes of Oblivion, how could I forget about that? It seemed of really good quality. I'll look into Heavy Rain, I'm surprised you remembered I liked Indigo Prophecy! lol :P I still have my Ps2, my laser has been failing though :[ So far, so good, though.

Japanese RPG? Sounds interesting, like nothing I've played before, that's for sure. I'll look into your suggestions though :] thanks.

You'll really get a sweet deal out of Persona 3 if you get the FES version. I think it will probably cost like 40 dollars or something and you get the main story( 100 hours plus some changes) and an epilogue( 40 or 50 hours) although it is pretty different from the main story, it's much less narrative driven.

You really have to get Heavy Rain, it's like 10 times better than Indigo Prophecy and that's saying something.

Edited by Ivan

Dragon Age: Origins might be worth picking up cheap. Fallout 3 is an excellent game and has lots of quests to do. The GOTY edition is better as well, but beware of some severe freezing issues, depending on what platform you get it for. People keep raving about Demons Souls, and it's a brutally hard game, probably the hardest ever. But the satisfaction of beating each enemy is unparalleled so maybe look into that. As Ivan mentioned, Oblivion Elder Scrolls is cheap and worth looking at, and maybe Valkyria Chronicles too. That should be a good start.

BTW, nice 6666 posts. :evil:

Edited by The Bossman

Demon souls is awesome but I get the feeling it's not what you're looking for, it's pretty hard( althought not as much as some people say) and time consuming, plus it has no story to keep you going further. Dragon age could be a good pick, personally I don't really like it but it's not a bad game. Valkyria chronicles is pretty cool and shouldn't be expensive, it has awesome visuals, fun and innovative gameplay.