Convert vehicles from other games into SA

Cruising

Hello!

i wonder how you take vehicles from another games and then convert it to dff and txt files?

I have ZModeler2 and Autodesk 3ds Max 2009, but they seams not to be able to import the files.

im planing to convert planes from wings of pray into SA vehicles, the files seams to be in dxp or bin format, the files ends like this "spitfire_mk16.dxp" but i guess it is a bin file.

I hope someone can help me get started and give me some advice on the road :)

I believe that I can help get you started, at least with what you will need or need to look for.

If your modeling software is not configured to import the file types that you wish to convert to GTA you will need to search for appropriate import scripts and/or plug ins that allow you to do so. Your software website will most likely be a good place to start looking for what may be available. Also try web searching with Google. You will also need the appropriate export script for your modeling program- one that will export your models into Rederware DFF format to work with GTA.

If you can not find the import/export scripts that you need for your model editor there is also the option of trying 3d object converting software. You may even need to convert to several different formats between programs to get your desired result.

It's my understanding that the DFF object file type is basically outdated these days, so do not be surprised if it takes a lot of searching. SOME file types just have no import/export scripts... period, no matter how much searching is done.

Good luck.B)

I believe that I can help get you started, at least with what you will need or need to look for.

If your modeling software is not configured to import the file types that you wish to convert to GTA you will need to search for appropriate import scripts and/or plug ins that allow you to do so. Your software website will most likely be a good place to start looking for what may be available. Also try web searching with Google. You will also need the appropriate export script for your modeling program- one that will export your models into Rederware DFF format to work with GTA.

If you can not find the import/export scripts that you need for your model editor there is also the option of trying 3d object converting software. You may even need to convert to several different formats between programs to get your desired result.

It's my understanding that the DFF object file type is basically outdated these days, so do not be surprised if it takes a lot of searching. SOME file types just have no import/export scripts... period, no matter how much searching is done.

Good luck.B)

i have a plugin for autodesk to import and export dff, and yes..dff is outdated, but needed in SA.

I know its hard to make and convert 3D models, i have tried with a corsair ww2 airplane with no success. And most of all 3D programs cant im/ex dff. And then the dff files need a coll file to make the vehicle to work, and also the skin/texture, this is just to much haha :)

Do you have any plugins/scripts for opening them plane models in Max? There's a tutorial at GTAF concerning vehicle conversions to SA; all you have to do is assign dummies from an existing model to the vehicle you're working on, link it to the model, making sure that the latter's chopped up and named properly after the parts from the stock SA vehicle (i.e. chassis, propeller, etc.), assign materials and a collision model to it, and export it to a readable format.

The tut works for cars, but it should also apply to aircraft, too, as vehicles in SA follow similar rules concerning dummy assignment and other things.