GTA V: Coming Spring 2013

Chris

A photo of a promotional poster for GTA V allegedly taken by an employee of a store in London has found its way into the hands GTA fans today. The poster features the new "Pest Control" artwork which was released the other day, as well as a brand new piece of artwork depicting a character with a dog on a chain. Please excuse the obnoxious watermark added by another fansite, we don't have the original photo at this time.

gtav_promo_spring2013_leak_1_th.jpg

Another photo with a close up of the the board shows "Pre-order now - Spring 2013", putting the release date between March and June next year. It's also worth noting that the promo only shows the Xbox 360 and PS3 logos, leading us to the unsurprising conclusion that Rockstar will once again release a PC version later on in the year.

gtav_promo_spring2013_leak_2.jpg

While most "leaks" are in fact not leaks and simply faked items of media or information that we don't bother posting about, this one does not appear to be fake. It does look pretty legit, and given the fact that we're expecting a lot of new info very shortly, the timing of this makes sense. One would expect to see promo pieces like this up in stores in the coming weeks, and we imagine an official announcement on release timing will be forthcoming from Rockstar themselves some time very soon.

Source: GTAForums thread

• Like 1

Hell, that's nice! SCORE! I would disavow all leaks too, it's Rockstar's policy but obviously, a work in progress, as they feel, subject to change all the time, that's also to be expected, really.

But this promotional art doesn't suggest a lot above and beyond what we know already, so it's as close to legit as one could expect, the graphic art style is very professional, to me, it suggests some goings on with hard core Gang-banging in the familiar Los Santos of old (in the revised Carl Johnson part of town! haha)

With regard to PC lacking mention, any of you using pre-release Windows 8 know by now that Games for Windows Live looks to be morphing into Xbox Live on Windows, we'll see how this translates to a better marriage between Xbox360 (as well, any future console, for sure!!) and PC's running Windows 8 or 9. I am not sure what they'll do with regard to this approach under Windows 7, but it bears keeping an eye on as well

Edited by BlackListedB

My PS3 was the first system I bought GTA IV for, and brand spanking new, it got progressively worse and worse, it drove me to Microsoft and Xbox, and despite the RROD, leaving me expenditures through 5 or 6 of those units alone, I still like playing the XB360 system, the XBL having cost though, still sucks eggs, I don't care for people making excuses about how it benefits, since Sony has opted not to charge and continue to support their PSN online... They certainly lost money from PS2 to PS3, but they had a vision that wavered little, so I respect them for that. BluRay became the standard bearer for HD home video, but there is already rumblings about replacing BD disc media!

Edited by BlackListedB

I'm half wondering when Rockstar will just ignore that leak and put the new screenshot on their site officially. It's VERY confounding that they didn't allow magazine exposure all year long for the game, a little peak at the various elements, if this game is as large as they say, that covers a lot of ground, literally and figuratively speaking!

Just an update on my end, I picked up Max Payne3 used today for only $25 at a local pawn shop, they had Elder's Scrolls Skyrim as well for only $30, that's pretty good, and it would hold you guys over for the next 6 months up to GTA V's release. I've still put off completing GTA III and IV's Episodes, so I am not totally without game, I am planning to play through some GTA San An First Edition now that my PS2 is back up and running! YEAH!