Chiliad Challenge

zmoonchild

I have discovered (by accident) two different ways to win the Chiliad Challenge.

I did not use any cheats, however, some purists may argue that.

I simply did what the game allowed me to do in order to win the races.

For the Scotch Bonnet Route (I discovered this one by accident really), I drove a Rancher up the mountain; when I got close to the top (about 4 or 5 sharp curves away), I abandoned the Rancher and continued on foot. During the race, I noticed that the Rancher was still there on the trip back down. So, for the next race I decided to position the Rancher at an angle behind a blind curve, and next to a cliff with a sheer drop. The Rancher was angled so that it appeared to be easier to go in the direction of the cliff (which had a very long drop). I started the race, and sure enough, all 5 of the other cyclists came around the curve and went straight off the cliff, and there was no way for any of them to get back up up the mountain; so I simply coasted down the rest of the way and won.

For the Birdseye Winder Route, I tried the same thing with the Rancher, but there weren’t any locations next to a sheer cliff that were also close enough the starting point to keep the Rancher from disappearing. By now, I also realized that the Camper and the Journey that are parked at the top of Mount Chiliad would work just as well (I’m thinking that maybe that’s why they’re parked up there). I used the Journey to block the path about 2 or 3 sharp curves down; during the race, the other 5 racers were diverted off the path long enough for me to get a really long lead ahead of them, and I was able to win the race.

For Cobra Run, I stopped at the point where the there’s a small gully-path in the rock (just before the drop that takes you to the wooden ramps). At that location I stopped and got off the bike, the game informed me that I had 25 seconds to get back on the bike or I would be disqualified, no problem. I pulled out my heat-seeking rocket launcher (which I had gotten from a previous mission), and fired it at both of the other racers while they attempted to negotiate the wooden ramps, killing both of them. The game didn’t disqualify me for killing them like it would have if I had tried gunning them down while I was still on the bike. At that point I simply got back on the bike and took my time finishing the race; and of course I won.

:)