Windows Live Messenger

Dmac

First of all, It dident work (problem signing in) so i uninstalled it and tryed to reinstall it. When trying to reinstall i got this error:

error.jpg

After giving up on that i just installed it on my other PC and coped the program files to my Pc. The problem now is that i cant sign in. I get both of these errors:

error2.jpg

error3.jpg

And i have noticed that when i type my email in it tends to lagg when typing (its just the program, the pc is fine).

Please help. :D

First of all, Windows Messenger and Windows Live Messenger are two separate things. WLM is the good one you're using now.

If the install failed, reinstalling is the only hope.

When it fails to sign in, click "troubleshoot" and go through that wizard to see if there's a problem with the settings on your PC. You may have a firewall blocking it, or your router might not be set to allow it, or IE may be set to "work offline" - that wizard should help.

Otherwise, you'll have to check those things yourself, and try again.

Thanks Chris. I downloaded it and it installed fine (which is a start, The other 1 dident install). The thing is, I cant open it. Its in running processors list though. I will restart my PC and edit my post to tell you what happens.

EDIT: Still doesnt sign in. When my PC re-started, My Anti-Virus (Trend Micro) said ''a criticle componment of Windows Live Messenger repaired'' also. Anyone else have any ideas?

Edited by Dmac_91

1. Use Trillian. It allows you to converse with people on AIM, MSN, YIM, ICQ, and other obscure protocalls with one program, taking up less memory and making life simpler.

2. Try disabling Trend Micro and see if you can sign in then, or add it to the program's exception list, if it has one. And as Gerard said, if you are behind a firewall, you might try disabling/adding to exception list on that too.

Ill try all these things and edit my post to tell you guys what happens.

EDIT: I tried Trillian but is there a way to sign in using your MSN adress and keeping all your contacts? If so, how and if not, Is there a program that lets you use your MSN Adress and keep all your contacts?

Edited by Dmac_91