Tactical Guide

I decided not to just limit my "lesson" to weapon useage. I will also explain other stuff. since I am much nicer than teachers, I will hope that people ask stuff here, and that they seek knowledge, not just "how do you know" craps. I will start by explaining the roles of the Independant Solo Warfighter Unit, which is what you may reenact in San Andreas if you know how.

ISWU is a proud team of people who are very skilled and dedicated to their work and their purpose. also, they dont exist. its a group of people representing the allied UN nations who met me in a story I wrote that wanted to learn my abilities. you would not be taking on any name or responsibility unless you joined the gang I hope to make one day.

I have to resart my computer, some retarded auto update just told me to. in the meantime, gimme questions so I can answer them. I'll be right back.

ok, I'm back 9 minutes later.

first, I'm going to tell you what tasks you'll be doing likely on your beaten GTA San Andreas.

you'll be going about getting money for property and buying up the houses and such. keep your weapons on hand, because you can end up in any situation. when on foot, use the shotgun or the assault rifle for when you get into situations against groups. save the uzi, tec9, or MP5A3 for your car. when people attack you, or if a threat sits beside your vehicle, the ammo is useful. use the pistol for fights of a 1 on 1 nature. save the sniper rifle for removing threats at a long distance away. save rockets for large stationary targets. and if you have to use the flame thrower, save it for a tank! that works on tanks.

now, the thing with places, is that camoflage doesnt hide you from the computer (or Xbox or PS2). it does make it look cool, and it feels acurate when I do it for myself, thats why I recomend it. whats important, is that when you go places, make real sure that you have stuff correct for the terrain and the suspension. also, when you plan a mission or action, take into account your driving style. dont get something that is meant for the paved track in a straight line for the trails. and dont use a Sanchez for the highway unless your ok with a little less top speed. if your going to bail from the highway, then keep in between your feet, but if your just going to be street only, then use a street only vehicle. I'll make a list of vehicles and good uses. in the meantime, questions curiosities and thoughts are requested.

hey, I'm back. this is a "fake mission" guide, but I am not giving you the missions. its more of a "here's how to live, run free, take care!" kind of deal.

Rashon125: you feel free to make a guide to the GTA weapons as you see fit, I am going to do my guide here. you may post in this thread to make it easier to get to.

now, to keep up with my lesson.

weapons: to know weapons for games, the smartest thing is to know weapons in general. I will go over the GTA Default weapons first.

Pistol= Colt M1911. its a .45 ACP weapon that in reality fires only 7 rounds in a clip. there are many look alikes, and other models that are the exact same thing, but with perfections over the original. its US made, which makes this a pride weapon to carry. 15 rounds is the common 9x19mm Parabellum firing handguns most used by police, as well as some .40 S&W weapons with good capacity.

Silenced Pistol= Colt M1911 with a suppressor. this is the same damn thing, only its not going to get everyone running everywhere. in reality, it is not more powerful. the suppressor slows down a bullet, which reduces stopping power. for those who might not know, "stopping power" is the thing when a gun shoots someone and they are pushed back by the blow. if you see JHP at the end of a name for a bullet, that means "Jacketed Hollow Point." these expand in the body, and will not go through the body and injure someone else. they wont go through a vest at all, but they can do wonders to the brain.

Desert Eagle= Desert Eagle 50 AE. AE meaning "American Eagle." this is a magnum pistol that in game, will kick pretty hard. that is true to life as well. though some people can handle the power of the 50, most people will use the 357 or the 40. this weapon will hold 7 rounds in reality, and is very good for one on one shooting, especially when you can move around in cover, and aim for the head. this is the shot you should always take, because of how effective it is. not good for battling groups, because in GTA San Andreas, it only kills who you shoot, and does not travel through a line of people.

As soon as I perfect it, I will copy and past the Weapon.dat file on a post here, and I will make sure to post it here so you may be able to use your weapons to the best.

Tec9= a piece of shit. no nicer way to say it. in the game, jams never happen. in reality, even rap music acknowledges that its a lousy weapon.

Clipse, "Ego"

the line, for those curious: "dont let yo' ego trick yo' ass, cause this mother f*%*& Tec will get yo ass,

yes, the semi-automatic tec is known to jam

but if it dont, thats yo ass my man."

its a south african design, but thats not what ruins it. its the fact that its a low cost weapon, and therefore, you get what you pay for! only use it if your willing to "die fighting" because most likely, you might. I will always advise against keeping this in your game, and will always suggest modding it.

MicroSMG= Mac 10. this is an ok weapon, good for CQB, because of the high rate of fire with 45 ACP ammo, or 9mm variants. not my first either. I replaced mine, so its good for me.

SMG= MP5. this is the best of this category, but dont rely your life on it unless you have no choice. this is good because on foot or bike (or car) the firing rate is the same. 9mm, 30 rounds.

I will skip the shotguns because they are mostly the same as what you probably know. just dont use them for distance, because thats not correct. shotgun shells contain pellets, which spread as they go farther. they are good for indoor shooting or very close outdoor shooting (right there at the bastards window of his car, ect.)

the assault rifles are two opposite weapons. they are both nice, but I like the M4. its US made, and its more accurate. it fires NATO rounds (5.56x45mm) and it works very well. I replaced mine with a better looking one from Grims weapon pack. these are what you should use against groups for multiple distances.

the AK47 is the AK, and I will always use the other weapons over it. my prejudice to this weapon is not on who made it, but rather how it fires. it has a complete blowback system which makes the gun jump around like an angry child. this monster fires a 7.62mm round, and its not a common friend.

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

"...Lambert, when I think 'guerilla,' I think 'Kalashnikov'" (Sam Fisher, in the first level identifying the gunfire up ahead, which sounded way different from the AK that peruvian terrorists are expected to have. "I've had enough AK's fired at me in my time to know that wasnt one")

watch a movie where someone fires an AK. or better yet, play Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow, or one of the ones where you select an AK47. give one to two of the members, then give yourself an M4, or something that fires 5.56mm rounds. you'll definetly know the sounds after that. Ghost Recon 2 and GR2: summit strike also have accurately depicted weapons and sounds.

the AK is ok for close combat, and since I have a tweaked file, its great as a weapon to use. just dont let it be a "bed with me" gun. (a gun you rest your life dependancy on).

Rifles

Country Rifle= a lever action western rifle. you pick it out. mine is tweaked to let it fire like a highly accurate marksman variant of an assault rifle. I have not found the file to use which would make it cool for my own taste, but its a good weapon when not carrying...

Sniper Rifle= Remmington 700. a 7.62mm bolt action police rifle. I replaced mine with an SR25 looking rifle, and let it fire the same. its great for taking out very distant targets, which is very fun to do. never use it when under fire. switch to an assault rifle or pistol (or SMG or Shotgun).

the explosives, I dont resort to them very often unless the objective requres it. they work at scaring people, and they work at killing crowds. you are vulnerable to a few things when throwing grenades;

getting caught in the explosion

not throwing it far enough or overshooting the target

bounceback

hitting the wrong thing (the car you want to use for the escape)

the satchel charge is not the most reliable in combat, but they work to eliminate large targets (trucks, cars, busses, ect. not tanks).

Teargas is what I recomend. it kills slow, and might not kill at all, but you are not caught in an explosion. also, it leaves vehicles intact.

the molotov is not what I recomend, unless you are really good at using thrown weapons and know how to find an alternate route in a hurry. they burn what they hit. that includes the ground!

Questions, comments?

now, weapons in general are helpful not only in knowing what to use, but what to download and install as a modification to your PC game.

there are some weapons I have used and downloaded and tried. there are weapons I want, and there are also weapons I have used in other games that would be cool in GTA San Andreas.

Mk23SD (I have this installed, replacing the Silent Pistol)

Glock 17 (I used this once to replace the pistol)

Glock 18 (I used this to replace my Micro SMG)

FN P90 (I used this to replace my SMG)

AKS 74u (this replaces my AK47).

there are too many to name off right now, but you'll encounter many good weapons and such. if you have a weapon installed, then take a screenshot, post it in a reply, and I will tell you about it. make sure to include what slot it takes up, what site you found it, and where that link can be found and what the package called it.

I will tell you about the weapon exactly, and tell you some details about it.

scenarios. some of you may want scenarios. ok, I will let you know of some things you can do.

mission: Garage Detail.

preparations;

obtain an SUV capable of carrying 4 people.

tune it at the appropriate garage for street and offroad.

save the garage at the Johnson House.

dress in reasonable gang attire.

go to Ammunation and purchase the following

-silent pistol

-shotgun

-smg

-M4

-Sniper Rifle

-satchel charge

-armor (if needed)

make sure you have the following in your inventory

-camera

-knife

-parachute

Deployment;

obtain your SUV from the garage

recruit 3 gangmembers, preferably with weapons of the SMG category

drive your vehicle to San Fierro and locate the police garage

recon the outer area without entering the actual area which would normally get you 3 stars

Action:

equip the sniper rifle, and eliminate the guard at the lower booth

move your vehicle to the side of the building, after you run down the gate

eliminate the middle guard with your silent pistol

move to the garage, and make sure that the gangsters are following you

equip the M4, and move around the corners, easily removing the officers in the area

after eliminating the guards, take a car that is not unlocked. dont get in, just check that its unlocked

place charges on all the vehicles (not the one you plan to escape in)

get yourself and the gang in the car for escape

move to the garage door, get out and blow the charges.

Escape and Evasion;

make your way to the hick area just east of Verdant Meadows (where Barbara is picked up) and release the gang.

take Barbara's Ranger (if desired) and make your way to the following locations;

-Mount Chilliad

-Las Venturas (any hotel suite or safe house)

-Back to the San Fierro garage you hit (to the helipad)

if you went to the first or third options, then you will need your own extraction plan. of you made it to the middle option, then report in (in your own mind) and go over it either with yourself or with a friend who was observing (if they know whats going on).

now you will reply with what you would do (or if you tried this plan, what you did).

quesitons? Comments?

ok, I assume some of you have at least gave an honest attempt at the scenario? if not, thats ok. it was mostly an example. I have an idea. it will be something I have people do when I start the gang (once I reach 100 posts).

I am thinking of making my gang a video club. I assign a task, and you make a video out of it. I think it would be a good idea. also, you guys (those who join) I will make a code mark for, (a picture to include somehow in the beginning of your videos under, before, or IMEDIATELY AFTER your video title) as something to show your membership.

we'll post the video's on the gang thread when the gang is made, and you and I will upload our videos to Youtube.com and post a link on the posting page, as well as some pictures.

for those who need a quick know how:

you need Fraps, and Windows Movie Maker. Movie Maker should be on your computer by default, otherwise I have an instal file that I might be able to email you.

you record your game with Fraps, and then import the avi files into your collections. then you make a good video out of what you did, add some music or a narration to it, and then upload it to youtube.com. it has to be less than 10 minutes, and it cant be bigger than 100MB.

after you do that, copy the link and paste it on a post on the thread (when it exists) and we'll go over the comparisons and such.

you have to remember, I will want you all to show off what you did in game...

dont try to dazzle people with the effects and fades unless it helps tell the story of what you did. it may include other games if needed, but if I give a GTA mission to you, I will want that mission done first.

any questions on that?

ok. new exercise.

this is more of a familiarization workout.

find a car that is from the Wheel Arch Angel collection. customize it to your own liking. pink, green, black, red, blue, I dont care. if you want nitro, have it. if you think its too much, dont worry about it. if you want hydraulics, go ahead. if you want nothing but a color, thats fine too.

now save the vehicle in its own garage some place in the middle of nowhere. the challenge is getting this nice car where you want quickly, and without killing it. to be cool, make a video.