Vista 64 Thread

_Ray

For those of you out there that have 64, post specific Hardware and Software that you have found to be compatible or incompatible. The Microsoft 64-bit Compatibility checker sucks and has very little on it. Please give specific details and use proper grammar. ;)

This will be a useful topic for those looking to upgrade to Vista x64.

Edited by raybob95

I have found absolutely no software or hardware that is incompatible. Software should be no problem anyway, hardware won't be either so long as there are drivers available. Unless you buy shitty unknown brands then there most likely is a driver available for your hardware.

Like Chris I also have my PC specs listed in my profile so you can see them there.

I have found absolutely no software or hardware that is incompatible. Software should be no problem anyway, hardware won't be either so long as there are drivers available. Unless you buy shitty unknown brands then there most likely is a driver available for your hardware.

Like Chris I also have my PC specs listed in my profile so you can see them there.

Including all the Grand Theft Auto Games?

See my profile for my hardware.

Soon, I'll be replacing that processor with an AMD Phenom II X4 which is compatible.

Also, while Vista x64 is nice, you should use Windows 7 instead. Even in beta. It's just as, if not more stable, and is ridiculously faster.

Build 7000 runs nicely, although it is sad to say that fans of Asian MMOs might not be able to run some online games due to incompatibilities with GameGuard, an anti-cheat application bundled with most MMOGs.

GameGuard

GameGuard sucks, who cares? Why would you tolerate something that blocks Steam, Chrome, FileZilla, Daemon Tools, and several other legitimate applications? And those MMOs are horrible anyway. Seriously? Lineage II? Silkroad Online?

yo dawg i herd u like shitty boring games so i put a bad mmo in your computer so u can grind while u get bored

GameGuard

GameGuard sucks, who cares? Why would you tolerate something that blocks Steam, Chrome, FileZilla, Daemon Tools, and several other legitimate applications? And those MMOs are horrible anyway. Seriously? Lineage II? Silkroad Online?

yo dawg i herd u like shitty boring games so i put a bad mmo in your computer so u can grind while u get bored

lol... Which explains why I'm different from most of the kids in my neighbourhood who spend hours in those cheesy MMORPGs. I once tried Ran Online, only to end up leaving it after clicking at monsters and watching random numbers pop out spontaneously...

SpecialForce Online was cool (deathmatches are intense among teams), although the rather crappy graphics and dialogue was a significant minus to me.

Oh well, at least I can run GTA IV out of the box in Windows 7, other than using the compatibility mode.

Edited by Huckleberry Pie