Realistic Driving

Cloud'

I don't know if this point comes under this topic but heres what I want -

When someone has a little crash, myabe a bump the people exchange insurance details etc. And if its more serious the Ambulance comes and the they actually use something like wheelchairs.

Why does everyone want to be bothered with things that serve no purpose, like insurance.... ?

I don't know if this point comes under this topic but heres what I want -

When someone has a little crash, myabe a bump the people exchange insurance details etc. And if its more serious the Ambulance comes and the they actually use something like wheelchairs.

Why does everyone want to be bothered with things that serve no purpose, like insurance.... ?

Because Spaz I think it would add to the realism of the game and how it would be like in real life.

Spaz, I know somebody in real life who has had that happen to them - you gotta get outta the way for a police siren, and if they crash, who do you think they are going to blame?

I think traffic laws should be in place in the game, maybe not every single point I outlined, but some of them. It would greatly increase the challenge of the game, it might make for decent car chases, it would get your heart racing like Mafia did - Mafia is a superb reflection of driving in the real world, and I have always wanted more and more realism from GTA, that's why I like the series, that's why I played GTA1 when it came out, and absolutely loved it, and the same with GTA3 (GTA2 was ok) - I know some people want to play it I dunno, simpsons hit n run style or something but personally, I'd like at least the OPTION of having to attempt to drive properly and have DECENT car chases, that is, under the assumption that they get the AI a little better.

And again, I ask, why do people want such realism in our GRAND THEFT AUTO? I assure you, these "cool features" that seem so awesome because it's "just like real life" will become bothersome when they start to get in the way of casual playing.

Ok I will answer your question, I want realism so it can be what everyone would do in that situation i.e you hear a gun shot everyone runs away. This is already implemented in GTA. I think they should take it a step further and have people discussing insurances and writing things down if they have had a little crash.

I hop that answers it ;)

Spaz, I know somebody in real life who has had that happen to them - you gotta get outta the way for a police siren, and if they crash, who do you think they are going to blame?

I think traffic laws should be in place in the game, maybe not every single point I outlined, but some of them. It would greatly increase the challenge of the game, it might make for decent car chases, it would get your heart racing like Mafia did - Mafia is a superb reflection of driving in the real world, and I have always wanted more and more realism from GTA, that's why I like the series, that's why I played GTA1 when it came out, and absolutely loved it, and the same with GTA3 (GTA2 was ok) - I know some people want to play it I dunno, simpsons hit n run style or something but personally, I'd like at least the OPTION of having to attempt to drive properly and have DECENT car chases, that is, under the assumption that they get the AI a little better.

I don't mean a cop with sirens on. I mean I driving down a road and a cop pulls quickly off another street and RAMS ME. Or rams into the BACK OF ME while I'm stopped. It's retarded.

You can attempt to drive properly without messing the game up for the rest of us. My FAVORITE thing to do in GTA when I'm bored is to cruise, and while cruising I like to see how long I can keep my car intact. I like how I can fly through the streets for fun without worrying about cops being little shits and going after me.

And again, I ask, why do people want such realism in our GRAND THEFT AUTO? I assure you, these "cool features" that seem so awesome because it's "just like real life" will become bothersome when they start to get in the way of casual playing.

Ok I will answer your question, I want realism so it can be what everyone would do in that situation i.e you hear a gun shot everyone runs away. This is already implemented in GTA. I think they should take it a step further and have people discussing insurances and writing things down if they have had a little crash.

I hop that answers it ;)

I, personally, don't play a VIOLENT VIDEO GAME for REALISM. If I wanted realistic reactions I'd go outside, steal a car, and ram someone with it. I want to do whatever I want whenever I want and do it with ease. I want to blow up cops, run over pedestrians, crash my car to hell, and cause pile-ups, all without signaling, filling up my car, or exchanging my insurance information with people((Next I assume you want us to have to shop around and actually buy these policies? And while we have insurance, we might as well have a wife and kids to put on the insurance, right?)).

Ha, love that insurance idea! Little bits of realsim like that make everybody happier (except Spaz the great), but honestly Spaz, if they had made GTA as stupidly arcade as possible, it would be dull, it'd last like 5/10 minutes free-roaming before you got bored to death. The more realistic it is, the more you have to do, the more cool things to find, man, trust me, it's for the better! Do you really want to finish the game in a couple of days? Or would you rather it dragged on for months? Because I'd rather the months to be honest. Rockstar = realism. Leave the arcade bullshit to the other game makers.

Also, he didn't mean YOU have to have an insurance policy, he said you SEE OTHER people exchanging insurance details when they crash, like have a cop car arrive as well and an ambulance, rather than seeing them just drive off which is pretty stupid.

And the point of GTA is that you CAN drive a car, steal it, practise what you've always wanted to do, as real as posible, without actually having to be arrested in real life......and wouldn't cruising be a lot more fun if it actually reflected real life? Trust me, there'd be a far greater sense of achievement from winning a cop chase.

Edited by Alistair

I don't mean a cop with sirens on. I mean I driving down a road and a cop pulls quickly off another street and RAMS ME. Or rams into the BACK OF ME while I'm stopped. It's retarded.

You can attempt to drive properly without messing the game up for the rest of us. My FAVORITE thing to do in GTA when I'm bored is to cruise, and while cruising I like to see how long I can keep my car intact. I like how I can fly through the streets for fun without worrying about cops being little shits and going after me.

I hop that answers it ;)

I, personally, don't play a VIOLENT VIDEO GAME for REALISM. If I wanted realistic reactions I'd go outside, steal a car, and ram someone with it. I want to do whatever I want whenever I want and do it with ease. I want to blow up cops, run over pedestrians, crash my car to hell, and cause pile-ups, all without signaling, filling up my car, or exchanging my insurance information with people((Next I assume you want us to have to shop around and actually buy these policies? And while we have insurance, we might as well have a wife and kids to put on the insurance, right?)).

Ok there are your opinions and not mine and many others on this forum. All i can say is that I want to do what you want to do like blow up cops and do stuff like that but I want things to be more difficult so you have to put fuel in and people on the side of the road exchanging info after a crash would be nice to see. As I said thoso are your opinions.

Ha, love that insurance idea! Little bits of realsim like that make everybody happier (except Spaz the great), but honestly Spaz, if they had made GTA as stupidly arcade as possible, it would be dull, it'd last like 5/10 minutes free-roaming before you got bored to death. The more realistic it is, the more you have to do, the more cool things to find, man, trust me, it's for the better! Do you really want to finish the game in a couple of days? Or would you rather it dragged on for months? Because I'd rather the months to be honest. Rockstar = realism. Leave the arcade bullshit to the other game makers.

Also, he didn't mean YOU have to have an insurance policy, he said you SEE OTHER people exchanging insurance details when they crash, like have a cop car arrive as well and an ambulance, rather than seeing them just drive off which is pretty stupid.

And the point of GTA is that you CAN drive a car, steal it, practise what you've always wanted to do, as real as posible, without actually having to be arrested in real life......and wouldn't cruising be a lot more fun if it actually reflected real life? Trust me, there'd be a far greater sense of achievement from winning a cop chase.

Actually, a LOT of people agree with me. Infact, ask most die-hard fans of the game. People who played it from the beginning and fell in love with what the game currently is. Rockstar doesn't = realism..... GTA isn't realistic. How does your equation make any sense? Five ten minutes of free-roaming? Actually, I usually sit there atleast a half an hour free-roaming. That's on an OLDER GTA in a city I know like the back of my hand with nothing left to do BUT free-roam. No, it wouldn't be more fun if it reflected real-life. Like I said, if I wanted to drive in a realistic situation, I'D GET IN MY CAR AND DRIVE. Do most of you who want this even drive in real life? Driving in REAL LIFE would be MORE FUN if it was MORE LIKE GTA. People have this way backwards.....