GTA IV Radio

Pandora

Interactive Radio  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you reckon that the radio will be or can be updated?

• Yes, I think it's quite plossible that the radio can be updated with new ('hot') tracks.
    • No [dot]
  2. 2. Would you like to have such feature in the game?

• Yeah sure, then it won't be "the same train leaving every hour"
    • No, it would totally spoil the game.

Since GTA IV is plotted in 2007 it brings up the question: Which songs will there be on the radio? Interactive maybe? With interactive I mean it will update the radio with new 'hot' songs that are popular in this time period. Bought Xbox and PS have a quite good online features so it is possible.

Your thoughts..

Numerous games allow you to have 'custom soundtracks' by importing your own music into it, so I can see this happening. They'll (Rockstar) most definitely release packages containing several new songs for each radio station on the PS3's online store, on the Xbox's Live service, the same for the Wii, and just as a download for PC. However, the songs might not flow seamlessly and it might be difficult trying to get the radio station host to describe the new tracks you imported. If you use the possible packages from Rockstar, then they'll most probably record new voiceovers for the material.

Nice-ish feature, however, it isn't going to happen. The songs in GTA are all in one massive file (if i'm not mistaken) with compression and copy-right etc etc, it takes a lot of skill to hack them. If they released single-tracks for PS3 or X360, almost anybody could probably rip the songs, and I seriously doubt the record companies would ever allow that. What would be allowed is a full radio station in the standard gta format, however that would take several centuries to download, maybe, in any case I seriously doubt it.

What they'll probably end up doing is allowing you to hook up your iPod via USB and some Apple to PS3 thing so you can listen to your music tracks whilst playing GTA, it'd be like the Custom radio station basically.