PS3 V XBOX 360 V Wii

Red_91

@ TEC - I really don't get you, if a product were to break down after about 12 months, why would you want to buy it again? IT doesn't matter if it has all the 'good' qualitites, if the damn thing breaks your not gonig to buy it over and over again? Are you?

Because I want plenty of great games and Xbox Live, things I keep saying the PS3 can never compete with. Also, the only reason I was forced to buy a new 360 was because the store I bought it from lied to me about the warrenty and didn't want to deal with it. More reason as to why I hate Rhino Games. Turns out Microsoft is going to replace my broken 360 for free. So, now I'm going to have 2 working 360s. Besides, the PS2 had a of lot of hardware problems, so shut the hell up about hardware failures.

And I don't get you, because you bought an overpriced gadget that has almost no games for it. Hell, I'd much rather play a PS2 instead of a PS3; at least the games that have been released for the PS2 in the past few months are much better than anything that has been released on the PS3 thus far.

Besides, it's in my nature to replace broken items. If I had a Wii and that somehow broke, I'd get a new one. If my Gamecube broke, I'd go out and buy a new one. If my Xbox 1 broke, well, I already have a spare. Hell, I even tried to replace my broken PS2, but every single PS2 in town was sold out. (At effin' Christmas '04. Thanks, San Andreas.)

Firstly if a TV had Liquid crystal display and high definetion and had all the good crap and cost $1000, and it broke you wouldn't keep on buying it again thats all I am saying regardless of Games, online service etc. Now if your 360 broke 100 times would you keep buying it over again?

I bought a system that can do well more than the shitbox could do and I dont agree with the things your saying and btw this topic is about this gen of consoles not the PS2s generation.

It may be in your nature to buy things over and over again if they broke but do you think its in everybodys?

I still dont know why your saying PS3s online service is crap, you just keep saying why, backup your answers as to why.

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly if a TV had Liquid crystal display and high definetion and had all the good crap and cost $1000, and it broke you wouldn't keep on buying it again thats all I am saying regardless of Games, online service etc. Now if your 360 broke 100 times would you keep buying it over again?

No, mainly because it wouldn't break 100 times. And I don't have to buy it all over again, because it'll be replaced FOR FREE.

I bought a system that can do well more than the shitbox could do

That's the key word. "CAN" do. That doesn't mean it actually does it or does it well. The PS3 may or may not have the potential to do great things, but that doesn't mean that potential will ever be realized.

and I dont agree with the things your saying and btw this topic is about this gen of consoles not the PS2s generation.

Weird. Wasn't it you who was comparing the Xbox 360 to the PS2 a little while ago? Saying it doesn't even compete with the PS2 or some shit?

Besides, the PS2 had a of lot of hardware problems, so shut the hell up about hardware failures.

Everything has problems at it's first stages of life, I've got one of the 1st gen PS2's and it still runs great. It's pretty obvious if a 360 breaks, Microsoft will fix it / replace it with a model that ISN'T going to break, not like it's gonna break over and over, am I right? It's (Theoretically) like a car dealership. Something goes wrong with it, it breaks, dealer fixes it to get it out of their way.

tl;dr: Shit breaks, no matter what.

I lol at the fanboyism in this topic, seriously. I've got things from all three of the makers (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo) and they all do something right. Different things right. Other things wrong.

You still haven't say why the shitbox's online service is better than the PS3s? Sky thats not my point I was saying for example you buy a car (brand new) it breaks but can be fixed but will break again and again. Would you buy the same product again.

Tec if M$ actually do repair 360s then what are you doing with 2 of them after all you did say that one did break.

Tec if M$ actually do repair...

WTF is with this M$ bullshit?

Yes, they're prices are ridiculously high for software, but at least they make something good. IMO Apple is much worse then Microsoft and they really try everything they can to get a monopoly.

Other then that, the Xbox online service pwns. IMO Xbox 1's online service was even better then the ps3's, but that's of course mainly cause it's made by MS, a company that only is computer related, unlike Sony who makes all kinds of things.

About the ps2, it friezes constantly. I don't know if the ps3 has the same prob but it's really annoying. I now own all of the last 3 generation Nintendo consoles and never has one of them friezed and never did one of them have a hardware failure.

@ Sky, you mean like the Xbox 1, PS2, and Gamecube? Because I've owned all of those, too.

Sort of. Take out GC and put GBA/DS there. And Jace, I think yours is just fucked :P I've got the 300001 model ps2 (Dunno how many zeros).. the one that had the laser problems, but it works fine for me. Actually, I did have some stuff comes loose inside, but it was an easy fix. Xbox has been flawless, I love having my own music on it. And the handheld systems were just fun. I've honestly never played a GC, but it's fun from what I've heard.

You still haven't say why the shitbox's online service is better than the PS3s? Sky thats not my point I was saying for example you buy a car (brand new) it breaks but can be fixed but will break again and again. Would you buy the same product again.

But everything will eventually break. Sure, maybe not for years and years, and yes I know you're talking about short term breakage. I really don't think the 360 would be on the market with a 33% marginal failure rate. That would have obviously been taken off ages ago.

@ Sky, you mean like the Xbox 1, PS2, and Gamecube? Because I've owned all of those, too.

Sort of. Take out GC and put GBA/DS there. And Jace, I think yours is just fucked :P I've got the 300001 model ps2 (Dunno how many zeros).. the one that had the laser problems, but it works fine for me. Actually, I did have some stuff comes loose inside, but it was an easy fix (Dad works on gutiar amps) Xbox has been flawless, I love having my own music on it. And the handheld systems were just fun. I've honestly never played a GC, but it's fun from what I've heard.

But everything will eventually break. Sure, maybe not for years and years, and yes I know you're talking about short term breakage. I really don't think the 360 would be on the market with a 33% marginal failure rate. That would have obviously been taken off ages ago. 1/3 of them. It doesn't make sense.

LOL, they'd never have a product with a 33% failure rate on the market. (Are they even allowed to have a game console with a 33% failure rate on the market?) Who came up with that "33%" bull shit anyway? A Sony fanboy? The only who knows the "failure rate" would be Microsoft, and I don't believe they've released ANYTHING saying how many have broken. Plus, what would be in this "33%"? Only "3-red-lights"? Or what? That 33% bull shit has been pissing me off, its probably more like 3, 4, or 5%.

Tec if M$ actually do repair...

WTF is with this M$ bullshit?

Yes, they're prices are ridiculously high for software, but at least they make something good. IMO Apple is much worse then Microsoft and they really try everything they can to get a monopoly.

Other then that, the Xbox online service pwns. IMO Xbox 1's online service was even better then the ps3's, but that's of course mainly cause it's made by MS, a company that only is computer related, unlike Sony who makes all kinds of things.

About the ps2, it friezes constantly. I don't know if the ps3 has the same prob but it's really annoying. I now own all of the last 3 generation Nintendo consoles and never has one of them friezed and never did one of them have a hardware failure.

The PS2 is the best console from the last gen in my opinion, and tbh it only crashed 3 times since I bought it in 2001 and I still have it, and I have never had a problem with it, never had a hardware failure either.

So what if M$ is computer related, doesn't mean they are the best, you still haven't stated why its better, I dont think anyone can. All I want ot know is why you think XBL is better than the Online featueres of the PS3, saying that MS is a computer related company is just quite frankly stupid.

All I want ot know is why you think XBL is better than the Online featueres of the PS3

360:

Download content, including dashboard themes, gamer pictures, game trailers/demonstrations, movies, game content such as new maps, weapons, levels, characters, challenges, expansions, arcade games and demos; connect with friends/players via voice chat, video chat, instant messenger and text message. Friend's list, clans, matchmaking, lobbies, leaderboards, and achievements. Then the monthly fee is to actually play online.

PS3

All of the online services, (Account created through user registration, Lobbies/Matchmaking, Scores/Ranking, Game data upload/download, friends list, Voice/vid chat, messaging, web browser) are free, as is normal multiplayer gaming. The only things that aren't free is paid-for downloadable content and subscriptions to premium services, such as massively multiplayer online games.

Everything is from wikipedia. Is the online service actually hosted by Sony or is it gamespy and maintained by the company?

All I want to know is why you think XBL is better than the Online featueres of the PS3

360:

Download content, including dashboard themes, gamer pictures, game trailers/demonstrations, movies, game content such as new maps, weapons, levels, characters, challenges, expansions, arcade games and demos; connect with friends/players via voice chat, video chat, instant messenger and text message. Then the monthly fee is to actually play online.

PS3

* All of the online services, (Account created through user registration, Lobbies/Matchmaking, Scores/Ranking, Game data upload/download, friends list, Voice/vid chat, messaging, web browser) are free, as is normal multiplayer gaming. The only things that aren't free is paid-for downloadable content and subscriptions to premium services, such as massively multiplayer online games.

Everything is from wikipedia. Is the online service actually hosted by Sony or is it gamespy and maintaned by the company?

I dont know how thats is supposed to convince me that XBL is better it just list lots of features. In the PS3 you can add PS HOME, coming this year and it will be nice.

I dont know how thats is supposed to convince me that XBL is better it just list lots of features. In the PS3 you can add PS HOME, coming this year and it will be nice.

Why're you so defensive? I was actually just putting up a list of comparatives for everyone to look at, geez. Calm down. And yeah, it's more of a matter of which features are better, not how many they have. Heh.

I don't play either, and I won't for awhile. So yeah.

Fuck Home. It's just a better looking Second Life with less to do. Woopdie-effin'-do.

HOME is nice, have you seen the grahpics, and you can do lots of stuff with it, can't wait till it comes out.

Why're you so defensive? I was actually just putting up a list of comparatives for everyone to look at, geez. Calm down.

Im not getting defensive just saying no one has actually stated why XBL is better, I calm man, I just didn't get the point of your post but now I do

Fuck Home. It's just a better looking Second Life with less to do. Woopdie-effin'-do.

HOME is nice, have you seen the grahpics, and you can do lots of stuff with it, can't wait till it comes out.

Yes, I have in fact seen the graphics. They aren't impressive in the least. And what can you do with it? Build a house? Ahem, The Sims. Home is the equalivent of the interactive lobby from Saints Row. At least you could kill other people in that. Oh, little trophies? Big whoop, those little pieces of shit have nothing on Xbox achievements. At least achievements are making certain people go out and buy/rent games just to inflate their Gamerscores. People aren't gonna run down and buy a crappy PS3 game so they could look at the stupid little trophy in home.

Here's a pic of HOME:

250px-Home-20070307013706138.jpg

YAWN. Not interested.

Edited by WnN2

The graphics of your shitty home are ok, nothing special. It's probably even more boring then second life. So now on just STFU about the stupid home feature cause nobody gives a shit.

And why should we tell you why XBL is better? You come up with 1 thing, yes, just try 1 thing of the ps3 that tops the XBL online features. Oh, and that may not include the pricing, kay?

The PS2 is the best console from the last gen in my opinion, and tbh it only crashed 3 times since I bought it in 2001 and I still have it, and I have never had a problem with it, never had a hardware failure either.

That's 3. to. many.

saying that MS is a computer related company is just quite frankly stupid.

No, sir. That's just stating a fact.

In the PS3 you can add PS HOME, coming this year and it will be nice.

Nice. Just, nice. Nothing special. Just nice. As nice as it is to see the weather on the Wii what is actually more practical then the useless home feature.

1. 3 too many and I have had it for 6 years? I even dropped hell it didn't even break.

2. Ahh I said the wrong thing I meant to say that if M$ is a computer related company doesn't mean that it will have the best online features/service.

3. Wii can read weather and who said PS3 couldn't?

IMHO, I think Wii will not sell as well as in 2 years time, Do you think it will be 'cool' I don't but then again I might just get proved wrong in a couple of years.

God damn it. IMO the Wii isn't even 'cool'. It just offers the best gameplay.

I have my N64 like 8 years now and it hasn't failed me once. I got the GC at it's release, never failed once. As for my Wii, it's to short to fail but I doubt it will ever.

Oh, and please give me a screeny of the ps3 viewing the world weather (not on internet).

And for fucks sake. MS is computer related and also builds full OS's for servers. It's only logical that they'll have the advantage when it comes to online related stuff.

Stop getting so defensive dude..

Can you buy a console with those features for 250 EUR?

It's highly NOT NEEDED. Why for fucks sake would I want some stupid background on my Wii if I just want to play games? Nintendo keeps it simple, the way I (and I'm sure many others) want it. They understand that we don't want all those not needed bullshit on a console and that all of us just have a PC for that. If I want to view some pictures I'll go to my PC. Much better then doing it on some big TV.

To your god damn Home --> second life on PC. Done.

I'm trying to argue with a moron here...

Most people but PCs for work as I do not for gaming thats what Games Consoles are for.

FYI I find looking at pictures before getting them developed on the PS3 quite good to use and quicker than putting it on a laptop/PC,

Its nice to have extra features instead of just using it for gaming as you said before Wii tells you the weather.

All you seem to do is act like a dumbass everytime I counter your argument. What was the point of calling me 'moron' you didn't thnk it would hurt me did you :rofl:

You haven't countered even one until now.

And yes. IMO you are a moron. It's not in anyway meant to hurt your feelings, it's just stating what I think of you.

And PC's are for gaming. Infact mostly it's better then consoles. Crysis, anyone?

Its nice to have extra features instead of just using it for gaming as you said before Wii tells you the weather

Nice. But not a reason to buy a console. At least, not for me.