double stroke?

awkook

hi, im making the gta san andreas logo..ive almost got it perfect but i cant get a double stroke..heres what ive done...but the thing is..i have it stroked white..but in the real logo its stroked black outside the white strike..this is being done in photoshop 6.0

BTW i only have some minor adjustments to make on the grand theft auto

post-9086-1185921468_thumb.jpg

Edited by hot pockets

just seach around the emboss shaders and see if there is a black to white.

well...i dont see that but heres a pic of my photoshop

A workaround that I do to such stuff is that you rasterize the layer, hide all the other layers, copy merged, paste and stroke the new layer... I hope this helps you with your problems... :lol:

umm im not super with photoshop now but if i found out how to do that i will..but can you kinda put pics up for me to see plz..

post-9086-1185922756_thumb.jpg

Edited by hot pockets

Ok, n00bs. Here is how to do it properly. Rasterize the type, and select the stroke (layer, if it's seperate) using the magic wand. Go to Select > Modify > Expand, and selct the distance you want between the strokes in px. Click OK, and stroke again. Done!

Haha now u all know!

how do you Rasterize the type?

Ok, I figured this way out a very long time ago and have been using it ever since. READ THIS TO LEARN HOW TO DO A DOUBLE STROKE

First, add a stroke to whatever picture or text your using. To do so, right click on the layer the stroke should be added to, then go up to "Blending Options...". From there, click "Stroke" on the left side, it should be the last one. Now pick what size you want. Now, it should look like this:

savehs0.png

Now that you have the stroke, heres were the second stroke comes into play. Keep the "Blending Options..." open. Go up to "Drop Shadow". Pick "Normal" for the "Blend Mode" and bump the opacity to 100%. Pick your color, and make the "Spread" 100%. Also, now adjust the size, and the distance you want the second stroke to be. It should now look like this (notice, the red stroke is still there and there is now a white one, a double stroke):

save2of0.png

HAZZUH! That's it, you now have a double stroke. Your done, your welcome, bye.

Ok, I figured this way out a very long time ago and have been using it ever since. READ THIS TO LEARN HOW TO DO A DOUBLE STROKE

First, add a stroke to whatever picture or text your using. To do so, right click on the layer the stroke should be added to, then go up to "Blending Options...". From there, click "Stroke" on the left side, it should be the last one. Now pick what size you want. Now, it should look like this:

savehs0.png

Now that you have the stroke, heres were the second stroke comes into play. Keep the "Blending Options..." open. Go up to "Drop Shadow". Pick "Normal" for the "Blend Mode" and bump the opacity to 100%. Pick your color, and make the "Spread" 100%. Also, now adjust the size, and the distance you want the second stroke to be. It should now look like this (notice, the red stroke is still there and there is now a white one, a double stroke):

save2of0.png

HAZZUH! That's it, you now have a double stroke. Your done, your welcome, bye.

thank you!!