Can't find next mission(s)

flyingv

So I haven't played San Andreas in a long time, but wanted to get back into it.

Anyways, I've gotten through about 4 - 5 missions I believe, and after that I can't seem to figure out what to do next? I was used to finding the "mission" marker on the map and going to it, but I don't see it anymore. I'm I supposed to proactively create/seek out missions now?

I've also used a lot of weapon/health cheats in addition to screwing around, is it possible that ruins a saved game?

flyingv

It'd help if you told us what the last mission you did was.

It's been so long, but I believe the last mission I completed was either going to the National Reserve and doing something with those fork lifts or the one where you rob this guy's house and have to be real quiet. Those were like the last two missions I did, can't remember which one came first.

Thanks!

flyingv

checkout the map....again, at this part u will have missions for:

sweet

og loc

big smoke

CRASH team

and whatever....

Ok I will look, but will I see a specific symbol indicating a mission, like "M"? Or can missions appear in different formats on the map? Cause last I checked I don't see anything indicating a mission, only locations of things.

Also, does anyone know if using health/weapons cheats screws with the saved game config?

Thanks!

flyingv

sweet

og loc

big smoke

CRASH team

and whatever....

Ok I will look, but will I see a specific symbol indicating a mission, like "M"? Or can missions appear in different formats on the map? Cause last I checked I don't see anything indicating a mission, only locations of things.

Also, does anyone know if using health/weapons cheats screws with the saved game config?

Thanks!

flyingv

maybe this is ur problem..go to map in menu...press L and see what is to be shown on map...i suggest all shud b allowed to be seen on the map.

sweet

og loc

big smoke

CRASH team

and whatever....

Thanks!

flyingv

maybe this is ur problem..go to map in menu...press L and see what is to be shown on map...i suggest all shud b allowed to be seen on the map.

I believe I've tried showing everything on the map, but I'll give it another shot when I get home, Thanks!

flyingv

To answer your original question, yes, cheats fubar your save files.

The mission w/ the forklift should be "Robbing Uncle Sam" & by then there should be several choices for missions that show

up clearly on your map.

The best solution is just to start a new game as you're only a few missions into it & avoid the cheats.

Are you on PC or console?

The mission w/ the forklift should be "Robbing Uncle Sam" & by then there should be several choices for missions that show

up clearly on your map.

The best solution is just to start a new game as you're only a few missions into it & avoid the cheats.

Thanks a lot for the advice. I'm on a PS2. Yeah, you're right I should probably start over, something probably isn't right when you have like a trillion dollars and every weapon known to man :) ...

That sucks that cheats interfere with game play, I think that may have been intentional to a certain degree by the developers if I'm not mistaken. I just don't get why I can't have my fun the way I want, I mean I paid for the game.

flyingv

up clearly on your map.

Thanks a lot for the advice. I'm on a PS2. Yeah, you're right I should probably start over, something probably isn't right when you have like a trillion dollars and every weapon known to man :) ...

That sucks that cheats interfere with game play, I think that may have been intentional to a certain degree by the developers if I'm not mistaken. I just don't get why I can't have my fun the way I want, I mean I paid for the game.

flyingv

I suppose the developers wanted people to experience the game properly... But yeah, you could make another save file for using cheats and such, just use the new one to play 'properly'...

A good one is the "flying car" cheat MLL suggested in another topic.

When you get your 100% complete game (just keep trying, I even got that on PS2 & my hands are fubar), use it for the

Rhino. That's QUALITY entertainment!

^ Aerial dogfights. Hydras vs. a Rhino tank. heheh *laughs maniacally*

Anyway, offtopic.

Do cheats stop mission markers spawning then? Or have i got the wong end of the stick?

I've never heard of the mission markers disappearing from the map, and I'm also on PS2. Did you have all the symbols turned on from the map screen? That's the only thing I can think of. Anyway, start the game again as ^ they said. I don't think I've cheated so close to the beginning of the game, so this hasn't happened to me.