Saints Row 2

Andrew91

sr2YmoQ.jpg

THQ has officially announced Saints Row 2 for the Xbox 360 and the PS3.

The story is set a number of years after the first Saints Row. Its a continuation.

sr2-1fwir.jpg

sr2-2norq.jpg

sr2-3P0mi.jpg

The game will continue the story of the first game, with "a much darker and more sinister story that leads your character down a path of betrayal, revenge and redemption against the city that has left him for dead."

The entire single player campaign will be playable in online co-operative mode. New vehicles include boats, motorcycles, helicopters, and planes. There will also be changes to Stillwater, including expansion of the west side of the city.

Official Site

pepperspray-questionmarkE88g.bmp

Pepper Spray???!?!?

And those are some nice shadows...

And why doesn't that police car in the middle have sirens and it's lights on?

Just observing.

I LOL'd when I saw that. I wonder what the fuck the cop was thinking...

Hmm, that guy seems to have two pistols in his hand, maybe I should get close to him with my trusty mace >.<

Anyways, when's this coming out? Probably after GTAIV and I'll probably not bother with it if it does. If not I might rent it or buy it if it's that good.

pepperspray-questionmarkE88g.bmp

Pepper Spray???!?!?

And those are some nice shadows...

And why doesn't that police car in the middle have sirens and it's lights on?

Just observing.

I LOL'd when I saw that. I wonder what the fuck the cop was thinking...

Hmm, that guy seems to have two pistols in his hand, maybe I should get close to him with my trusty mace >.<

Well, that cop is damn lucky! He did get close enough to use it effectively, though.

i gotta admit, the graphic is nice, even though GTA IV graphic is much better, but still i think this game has potential than any GTA clone

i think Saints Row 2 is gonna be a big threat to GTA IV release, despite the fact that their release time are gonna be pretty much the same(Q2 2008)

Edited by ArtSweet

Sarcasm FTMFW! I lol'd at the ejaculation joke... (Who didn't ?)

I never really got into Saint's Row, so i doubt this will be any different. A threat to GTA? Try no...

RE: that screenie... It's far beyond me how that guy isn't dead yet, let's count the number of cops...

*mumbles*

Fourteen. That's realism for ya'll.

Okay, even I had to laugh at that ejaculation joke.

Look, does Saints Row rip off everything from GTA? Pretty much. Does it still have a tired street gang theme? Yeah, it does. However, Saints Row did improve on a number of GTA's flaws, such as saving and shooting, and add features the console versions of GTA didn't have, such as a robust character customization system and online play. Will GTA 4 have online play? Yes. However, is it cooperative multiplayer throughout the entire campaign mode? No. Will GTA 4 have pilotable planes? No.

I'm not gonna argue that GTA 4 will be a much better game, which it will be. I'm just saying that the Saints Row series, while a blatent rip-off of GTA, is still a pretty fun series.

Sarcasm FTMFW! I lol'd at the ejaculation joke... (Who didn't ?)

I never really got into Saint's Row, so i doubt this will be any different. A threat to GTA? Try no...

RE: that screenie... It's far beyond me how that guy isn't dead yet, let's count the number of cops...

*mumbles*

Fourteen. That's realism for ya'll.

yeah, i think you're right, and i know R* is going to do some parodies on saints row 1/2, i bet my college money on it, GTA always does parody to their clone ^_^

i don't think saints row 1 is bad, but i know GTA is much better

Volition is going to do much more to steal GTA fans

Although, I hope they fired the people behind the layout of the LC territories and redesigned them. Because two lane streets with nothing on them is a bitch when you're trying to complete Mayhem.

In SR? That's why you take the big front end loader & run stuff over.

You'd be surprised what a section fo fence is worth.