Crazy random, thought

Helmettime88

I'm sitting here at work...doing nothing, (I'm a desk clerk at a hotel.) So I have extra time to think about random things.

First, let me just make a crazy statement....

Rockstar delaying GTA IV may actually save one of our lives.

and heres how....Assuming that we're all badass gamers, B) some of us would've have already probably had a 100% completion by now of the game, or atleast pretty close, seeing as how it would've been out for over two months now. So, imagine GTA IV had come out OCT 16th like everyone thought and now it's December you've beaten the game, and one fine afternoon your Dad, or sister or brother or whomever, asks you to go out for pizza. You, already having beaten the game, and having nothing else to do this afternoon seeing as how GTA IV had occupied most of your afternoons for the past couple months, decide "yeah sure why not?" and proceed to go out for pizza. :w00t: On the way to get some piping- hot delicious pie, you get t-boned by a semi who blew a red light. You are killed instantly. :innocent: Now lets fast forward to the present. Let's pretend for a moment that GTA IV was released last week. (I could only have wished.) And of course like millions of others, you are intensly immersed in the game. Your sibling or parent, ask you for pizza... Your reply is much different this time... "Nah, I'm sorta busy...how about we get delivery instead." Your sibling agrees and the two of you unkowingly completely avoid your sudden deaths, and the semi blows through the light as he would've anyway, and luckily no one is hurt......and all of this because of Rockstar changing the release date? plausible I think....

Thoughts anyone?

Could easily work the other way around. Like, 2 months after the release date, same scenario (pizza) and some guy decides to drink and drive, and he hits you in his car. However, had R* released the game earlier, we would have avoided this situation, because, on that particular day, the man didn't drink and drive, and you 'escape death.'

Could easily work the other way around. Like, 2 months after the release date, same scenario (pizza) and some guy decides to drink and drive, and he hits you in his car. However, had R* released the game earlier, we would have avoided this situation, because, on that particular day, the man didn't drink and drive, and you 'escape death.'

yep, exactly. I suppose it works with anything in life really. well, I believe it does anyway. Either for good or for bad.

are you worried that you'll die? or just that you won't be able to play the game? if it's the latter then, geesh bro, some fresh air may help. I don't know, but not living life is more of a worry than not playing gta IV. But thats just me.

But, the point of this post was to show how the delay may HELP you, not kill you lol.

Edited by Helmettime88

are you worried that you'll die? or just that you won't be able to play the game? if it's the latter then, geesh bro, some fresh air may help. I don't know, but not living life is more of a worry than not playing gta IV. But thats just me.

But, the point of this post was to show how the delay may HELP you, not kill you lol.

No, no, no. I just get so excited, that I can't help but feel pushed to survive to play the game. Life is far more important. It's just sometimes I really wanna play a game.

Dude I worry about this shit homie. When I get excited for a game and , say I'm on my way to get it. I'm scared I'll die before I get a chance to play it. Seriously I do.

You too? wow. i thought i was the only one. i remember getting my psp the second day it came out, and i was really paranoid on the drive back home, thinking everyone was out to get me... lol

Dude I worry about this shit homie. When I get excited for a game and , say I'm on my way to get it. I'm scared I'll die before I get a chance to play it. Seriously I do.

You too? wow. i thought i was the only one. i remember getting my psp the second day it came out, and i was really paranoid on the drive back home, thinking everyone was out to get me... lol

Hah, I bet you like, are in love with your PSP ay?