Downgrade or ''Upgrade'' To Windows XP

Dmac

Ok so, For Christmas i got a Laptop (Toshiba Satellite). It runs my games ok and it is running Windows Vista Home Premium, But i know if i install XP it will run games and just the whole system better, And i just personally prefer XP. The only thing im worried about is getting the drivers and that they will work on Windows XP SP2.

Has anyone else done this? If so, Did it turn out ok for you?

Ok so, For Christmas i got a Laptop (Toshiba Satellite). It runs my games ok and it is running Windows Vista Home Premium, But i know if i install XP it will run games and just the whole system better, And i just personally prefer XP. The only thing im worried about is getting the drivers and that they will work on Windows XP SP2.

Has anyone else done this? If so, Did it turn out ok for you?

Hmm, not yet, but a downgrade might do the trick...

Im pretty conifdent in doing this. Toshiba have the SD memory card reader, Bluetooth monitor and Fingerprint reader utility drviers on there website. For the rest, I think ill have to use Everest. If worse comes to worse, I'll use the recovery discs.

If you don't have any stuff lying around your notebook, then a reformat would probably be a spree...

I bought myself a Samsung X22 before Christmas, that had Vista HP on it. This laptop isn't made for gaming, I have my PC for that, so I don't need DirectX 10 on it. I don't need any of the fancy extras with Vista, I just want a good reliable laptop that does the few things I ask of it (Office, Firefox, WLM, GTASA etc). So I put XP SP2 on it, and it runs like a dream - a lot faster than with Vista.

I say so long as you know the difference, and you know the consequences, do it.

I bought myself a Samsung X22 before Christmas, that had Vista HP on it. This laptop isn't made for gaming, I have my PC for that, so I don't need DirectX 10 on it. I don't need any of the fancy extras with Vista, I just want a good reliable laptop that does the few things I ask of it (Office, Firefox, WLM, GTASA etc). So I put XP SP2 on it, and it runs like a dream - a lot faster than with Vista.

I say so long as you know the difference, and you know the consequences, do it.

Good for you; Vista sucks crap, seriously...