Need advice on broadband ISP's...

azn

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to upgrade to broadband by the time of the release of GTAIV and I need some advice/help on which ISP to choose. I'm looking for an ADSL connection of any speeds around 512KBPS and a download allowance of 5-10GB...I'm on a tight budget and can only spend up to $40AU monthly for my new connection and I need a new modem, so can you please help me with modems and what connection to get?

Much appreciated.

See in Australia the broadband plans always come with a download limit before they cap you and reduce your speed to dial-up speeds then start charging you, I think they used to have unlimited but those days are over. Apart from Dial-up though, my current dial-up connection has unlimited downloads.

Thanks anyway.

Well, I might help you in this department.

I upgaded to broadband not to long ago, and it pwns! I have a 5gb limit, but they hardly ever check it and switch it over to Dial-Up, so I have on adverage, maybe 9-11gb limit until they switch it over, cause it's not done automaticly, they have to do it themselves.

I wanted to get a 10gb, but that was going upto maybe $100, or more. So I have a plan with iPrimus that I have my home phone and broadband all in one, plus free line rental and modem, all for $70 per month. Maybe you can think about that, or ask them about just the broadband. But with my deal, if I pay $10 more a month, we'll get 12gb of download, which is pretty sweet.