K, tired of fighting this...

CeeKay

I went with this 1985 GMC Sierra pickup for the "mini truck" for now. Hopefully, I'll end up building some different body models... Isuzu, Toyota, Nissan, Mazda...

So far, I've got the suspension travel ironed out, then I took on carmods.dat and got "hydraulics" on it (more like bags, so it worked out GREAT! :))... Now, I need to figure out how the EPH to get GTA to let me put different wheels on it. After that, I'll start messing with the model itself, original creator willing. :)

Anyway, my question is, How do I get TransFender/Loco Low Co to allow me to put different wheels on the Yosemite, and also for the lowrider meet to acknowledge that it's a lowrider... :\

Thanks,

- CK

Edited by CeeKay

I think he's wanting to be able to take the car he added to the shops in the game so they can be customized, But they aren't recognised by the shops as customizable

EXACTLY! :)

I got the shops to allow me to add hydraulics, color, nitro, and bass boost, but I just can't figure out how to get it to allow me to add wheels! :(

Thanks,

- CK

EXACTLY! :)

I got the shops to allow me to add hydraulics, color, nitro, and bass boost, but I just can't figure out how to get it to allow me to add wheels! :(

Thanks,

- CK

I'm not a coder so I can't really offer much help....... have you tried looking at some of the other vehicles in the game that do allow to add rims?

I'll try looking once I get into the files a little bit.

I'm not a coder so I can't really offer much help....... have you tried looking at some of the other vehicles in the game that do allow to add rims?

I'll try looking once I get into the files a little bit.

I tried a ton of different combinations in the carmods.dat file... And what gets me is that there are a few cars with the lines "nto_b_l, nto_b_s, nto_b_tw," that allow for wheel changes... But when it's on the Yosemite's line, all I get is color, nitro, stereo, and hydraulics...

Also, in the hex coding in the handling.dat, I've set it as a lowrider, and even put the carmods line in with the lowriders, and still zilch. :(

There's gotta be something simple I'm overlooking. :(

- CK

FOUND IT!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

The parameter that allows/disallows wheel changes... It's not in the handling hex, it's not in the carmods parameters...

It's in Vehicles.ide... You scroll down the list and see a nondescript column reading 0's and -1's... That's the parameter to change.

0 = wheel change

-1 = no wheel change

WOO HOO!!!!

Now I'm gonna screw with the ride height a little so that you can roll around all dropped like a bastard, and then hit the "hydraulics" and drop it to the pavement, true minitruck style, bitches!!! :D

- CK

FOUND IT!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

The parameter that allows/disallows wheel changes... It's not in the handling hex, it's not in the carmods parameters...

It's in Vehicles.ide... You scroll down the list and see a nondescript column reading 0's and -1's... That's the parameter to change.

0 = wheel change

-1 = no wheel change

WOO HOO!!!!

Now I'm gonna screw with the ride height a little so that you can roll around all dropped like a bastard, and then hit the "hydraulics" and drop it to the pavement, true minitruck style, bitches!!! :D

- CK

You're right about the file but that's not quite how the parameter works. It's not a yes-no type flag. The value there determines which shop you can take the vehicle for modding to. The values for it are like this:

> -1 - Not modifiable (No shop)

> 0 - TransFender shop

> 1 - Wheel ArchAngels shop

> 2 - Loco Low shop

If you cross-check with some other vehicles like the Savanna and the Flash you'll see this is how it works.

Oh NEAT!!!! So THAT'S how you get it into Low Co!

Does that also determine whether or not you can use it in the lowrider meet and races?

- CK

I would imagine - it seems logical to assume since that seems to be the only parameter I can think of at the moment that determines which vehicles are lowriders.

Here's what I did w/ that info -bass boost, black paint job, nice wheels & nitrous. Also had hydraulics available :thumbsup:

Added the Hotring to Transfenders garage w/ basic set of mods.

Cool! :coolthumbup: Never tried anything with that info but it looks like it works good. Just don't get any funny ideas about trying to add parts vehicles don't support or BOOM! ;)