Adding a car without replacing one...

Hiaburi

Is it possible? I have version 1.0, just checked, i musta patched it when i first installed it(i didn't think it was version 1...) Well anyways, i downloaded a supra model, and it was gunna have me replace the feltzer, and i like it so i just added the lines that it said to replace feltzer with to the end of the lists of cars in all the appropriate files, renamed the felzter diff files that are for the supra to "supra.diff" and that txd one or w/e, and in my model viewer the supra shows up, but the second i click new game and the loading screen comes up SA crashes. is there something i missed? these are the edits i did.

carcols.dat

Supra, 1,1, 3,3, 4,4, 6,6, 7,7, 8,8, 20,20, 43,43 put this liek right after the super gt

carmods.dat

Supra, nto_b_l, nto_b_s, nto_b_tw, bnt_b_sc_p_l, bnt_b_sc_l, bnt_b_sc_m again, right after super gt

handling.cfg

Supra 1250.0 4000.0 2.0 0.0 0.3 -0.1 75 0.65 0.80 0.50 5 235.0 23.0 10.5 F P 8.0 0.55 0 30.0 1.4 0.76 0.0 0.27 -0.10 0.58 0.3 0.2 0.53 39000 0 400000 0 1 0 placed this one right before glendale

vehicles.ide

612, Supra, Supra, car, Supra, Supra, null, executive, 10, 0, 0, -1, 0.748, 0.748, 0 added htis before end and right after entry id 611

then i added the files Supra.diff and Supra.txd to the gta3.img file,

then last I made a new entry in the language file /text/american. w/e, new entry name Supra with value Supra

Thanks in advanced for any info/help/suggestions.

Edited by Hiaburi

**mods or op please change title from cat to CAR**

No, you cant do that at all the game crashed cos, it just can't recognize what u added.

you gotta replace, you cant add a new one. if it were to replace feltzer, then u backup feltzer, and replace it with the supra, named feltzer.dff / txd

If u can undo precisely everything u did, your game will probably work again. to check your version just start the game up. down the bottom on the main menu (start game etc) will be what version you have.

vers.JPG

see there mine is v1.01

Edited by WRX22B1998

That is exactly what i did, jsut re checked, the model loader loads hte supra fine, and those are the only files i have modded, there is one last hing i can try thought because i just realized i replaced my img file with one htat was pre modded to replace the bloodring banger.

If you get this working, I'd like to see how. Supposedly, GTAs wouldn't support any more vehicles than the game already

had.

In the meantime, there are a couple redundant cars like the wrecked Glendale & Saddler. There's also the FBI truck that

doesn't get used (I got this one to show up in traffic, driven by criminals).

Ok... well heres my thought on the matter, its just code, code can be modified to do anything, could some one tell me exactly why it is impossible? the game crashes when you try to add a new vehicle/id to the vehicles.ide file.

well i just found this, basic idea is there, but i am reinstalling gta sa right now, i corrupted my install messing with some stuff, any one wanna try it? http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=298780

Edited by Hiaburi

that link i posted works, took me a bit cause i had to get a few replacement files, but it does add the cars. The only downside is no sound, i tried a few things but the closest i got was all sounds but engine sounds for it right, and every single car in the game sounded like it was running lol, but if i remember right, even having this setup will stop you from playing SA-MP because of the d3d9 file.

So the next thing is to assign engine sounds to the new cars. I would guess you play around w/ the SA audio editor

& find the engine sounds for existing cars & see how they work. I put the Mad Max V-8 Interceptor & MFP cars in VC

& they included custom engine sounds that I had to install in place of the originals.

I pulled this from the README of the VC Mad Max car, don't know if it'll help.

"- ThatBastard for his V8 sounds mod (find others of his sound mods on The_Borg site, http://www.theborggaming.com)."

Link doesn't work (server not found), but a search might find something.

Edited by Urbanoutlaw

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's really deeply embedded in the code. Maybe in the GTA_SA.exe itself. You would have to have extensive knowledge of programming to let more cars be added. And even then you would probably have a hard time getting it all to work smoothly. I certainly have no clue how to do it. But it's certainly not impossible.

Edited by Celidor