Police AI

I'm sure many of you have noticed this. I was just playing LCS (Chicken suit lol) walking through chinatown. a group of triads started shooting at me. i started punching them and attracted the attention of a nearby member of liberty city's finest. now, of course, the cop completely ignored the gunmen and went straight for me.

What i wanna know is in this "new police AI" for gtaIV, will the cops focus attention on the guy who starts shooting, not the guy defending himself. i'll be really annoyed if R* havent fixed this.

I'm sure many of you have noticed this. I was just playing LCS (Chicken suit lol) walking through chinatown. a group of triads started shooting at me. i started punching them and attracted the attention of a nearby member of liberty city's finest. now, of course, the cop completely ignored the gunmen and went straight for me.

What i wanna know is in this "new police AI" for gtaIV, will the cops focus attention on the guy who starts shooting, not the guy defending himself. i'll be really annoyed if R* havent fixed this.

I read a preview somewhere that said police AI had improved significantly. The report said something about how the players made Niko punch a member of the motorcycle gang only to have him run after Niko with a bunch of his chums. Anyway, Niko is getting chased down by this guy holding a knife which an officer sees. The officer proceeds to pull out his gun and shoot the gang member chasing Niko. The police officer didn't see Niko assault the gang member and must have assumed he were innocent, thus taking down the other guy.

The report went something along those lines, anyway...

here's another question. if the police ai is improved so much, (and yes, i know it is, i'm just posing a question..), would the cops chase you for something like speeding? and would this be a good thing?

I don't really know whether the police will pursue you if you were speeding - I bloody hope not, I hated that s**t in Driver! It would be realistic but it would make the game unlike GTA. We like to speed without having the cops chase us down all the time. Hopefully R* haven't made it this way. What would be the point? If police did chase you for speeding, they'd be chasing us all through the game.

Edited by Cadaver