Serious Virus problem

OK, so all I did today was send myself a file from school, and download something from a site, the download didnt work. Suddenly, now im going all over Internet forums and to my chat buddies trying to find help. As soon as i hit the download tab, a XP antivirus online scanner came up and told me i had three viruses. I removed one, but the other two read CRITICAL risk levels. These had been previously undetected by my other scanners. My AVG Resident Shield came up next and said THREAT DETECTED! I tried to remove the CRITICAL viruses, but no chance. I am screwed, my files are getting infected, i lost 71 files it said. This is again, going by what that virus scanner told me. I sent a letter to microsoft (emailed of course), but I am not expecting an answer soon. I need some really good free scanners, and I need them now. Help me please, I dont know what to do!

OK, so all I did today was send myself a file from school, and download something from a site, the download didnt work. Suddenly, now im going all over Internet forums and to my chat buddies trying to find help. As soon as i hit the download tab, a XP antivirus online scanner came up and told me i had three viruses. I removed one, but the other two read CRITICAL risk levels. These had been previously undetected by my other scanners. My AVG Resident Shield came up next and said THREAT DETECTED! I tried to remove the CRITICAL viruses, but no chance. I am screwed, my files are getting infected, i lost 71 files it said. This is again, going by what that virus scanner told me. I sent a letter to microsoft (emailed of course), but I am not expecting an answer soon. I need some really good free scanners, and I need them now. Help me please, I dont know what to do!

Winfixer02.gif

SSSS_-_SpySheriffScreenShot.jpg

It cleans out malware, even if they aren't present in your system at all!

Well, you had just been a victim of scareware malware. I've encountered such stuff before; such apps are intended to scare off noobs into thinking that their machine's infected, even if they're clean and/or new. As for the solution, give me a HijackThis log and post it here, try ComboFix, Avast and Spybot S&D, and then give me another log... Hope that helps... :lol:

Edited by Huckleberry Pie

Ok

1) Noob? Well ouch

2) Yeah I kinda suspected it was fake. I mean, Windows scan, Norton, and Spybot couldnt find these shits. And i havent gotten the warning again

Thanks man, you have been a BIG help. But there is a problem. When I did do my Windows Scan, AVG popped up and said Threat Detected! And it was exactly the same "fake" scaring virus as before, I sent it to the virus vault.

Ok

1) Noob? Well ouch

2) Yeah I kinda suspected it was fake. I mean, Windows scan, Norton, and Spybot couldnt find these shits. And i havent gotten the warning again

Thanks man, you have been a BIG help. But there is a problem. When I did do my Windows Scan, AVG popped up and said Threat Detected! And it was exactly the same "fake" scaring virus as before, I sent it to the virus vault.

No, I don't meant noob as in you, what I mean is those people who are new or have basic knowledge of computers, who might get easily scared off by the popups that appear in front of their screens... And have you tried my suggestions?