Help Managing Files

I don't have a clue where you got the idea that it's a great format. The file size is huge and there isn't really much noticeable difference from other formats in quality.

its a briliant format! so it take more space but still not so much ull notice it to much and its worth it! :yup:

I'll delete the first four. And yeah, BMP is one of the worst image formats in use. Massive file sizes and 0 compression FTL.

lrn2internet.

how do you know which ones to dellete?

I don't have a clue where you got the idea that it's a great format. The file size is huge and there isn't really much noticeable difference from other formats in quality.

its a briliant format! so it take more space but still not so much ull notice it to much and its worth it! :yup:

I'll delete the first four. And yeah, BMP is one of the worst image formats in use. Massive file sizes and 0 compression FTL.

lrn2internet.

how do you know which ones to dellete?

It is not a brilliant format. Seriously.... Most BMPs I've had/created/downloaded/saw sucked, really. I'd say PNG all the way. I swear by PNG.

• 1 month later...
BMP is a great format? It really isnt...

Sure for pixel-by-pixel drawings it renders them accurately, but the file sizes are massive compared with JPEGs, GIFs or PNGs - they use up a lot of space and take ages to download. Use one of those other formats instead.

Can you suggest a converter for BMPs to one of the formats supported? I know it's a dumb question but at this time I'm

using a really great smokin' awesome graphics program called WINDOWS PAINT (Have you guys seen this?) that dumps

my pics out in BMP. I have a ton of BMPs & if I can convert then to a more compact format it would save a lot space on

my drive.