My friend needs virus help

Vercetti Thug

Well, actually, he's more of a relative. Anyway, he has spybot and Avg, and he was surfing a site for an hour. Suddenly, he gets a message saying his spybot should allow a change. He did no downloads that day, and he suspects there is something wrong. I suspect it is scareare, but his AVG free could not detect it. What should I tell him?

(Yes I know I posted just a minute ago, but this is an emergency for my friend)

Well, actually, he's more of a relative. Anyway, he has spybot and Avg, and he was surfing a site for an hour. Suddenly, he gets a message saying his spybot should allow a change. He did no downloads that day, and he suspects there is something wrong. I suspect it is scareare, but his AVG free could not detect it. What should I tell him?

(Yes I know I posted just a minute ago, but this is an emergency for my friend)

Actually, the warnings for Spybot may suggest that some application is attempting to change the system's registry. Can you give me a HijackThis log, just to make sure?

Whats a hijack this

HijackThis is a tool used for diagnosis of malware and other threats; it gives you a list of programs and services that start whenever your system boots up.

To use, download and install the utility, and then after you open it, click on Do a system scan and save a logfile. It will then generate a list of apps and services, and a Notepad window will then pop up. Copy all the contents of the log file, and then post it here. God Bless and I hope things will turn out well to you... :coolthumbup:

Apology for double post. Ok, huckle, this is someone else's computer, and i've had this kind of problem before, so I thought I knew how to fix it. Could this be some spybot scareware? The exact screen he is getting says "major registry change, and gives two choices.

(allow change) or (deny change)

He's too scared to do either, and I dont want to give him a bad message. Tommorow, he'll probably call me back and ask me what me asking on an internet site helped. So help me.

Apology for double post. Ok, huckle, this is someone else's computer, and i've had this kind of problem before, so I thought I knew how to fix it. Could this be some spybot scareware? The exact screen he is getting says "major registry change, and gives two choices.

(allow change) or (deny change)

He's too scared to do either, and I dont want to give him a bad message. Tommorow, he'll probably call me back and ask me what me asking on an internet site helped. So help me.

Give me a screenshot of it, and a HijackThis log... I'll tell you what to do later...