Mods run slow.

skk1234

Whenever i install mods, certain ones wont slow the game down but if they're in the presence of other mods such as multiple modded police car chases, the game slows to a crawl. Now my question is, is it a hardware problem on my pc because i have 2gb of RAM and an Nvidia Geforce 7600, which I assumed was ample for this game. What part is causing the slow gameplay?

I currently run:

HP Pavilion DV9000z (laptop)

Windows Vista home premium

2gb RAM

Nvidia Geforce 7600

1.8Ghz AMD Turion 64 x2

I may get another PC and want smooth gameplay and would like to know what part of my PC is not living up to the game requirements. Keep in mind this only happens when I come in contact with one of my mods.

Whenever i install mods, certain ones wont slow the game down but if they're in the presence of other mods such as multiple modded police car chases, the game slows to a crawl. Now my question is, is it a hardware problem on my pc because i have 2gb of RAM and an Nvidia Geforce 7600, which I assumed was ample for this game. What part is causing the slow gameplay?

I currently run:

2gb RAM

Nvidia Geforce 7600

1.8Ghz AMD Turion 64 x2

I may get another PC and want smooth gameplay and would like to know what part of my PC is not living up to the game requirements. Keep in mind this only happens when I come in contact with one of my mods.

yeah i suppose like others said, lower your settings...what is it set on? i have a 7300 and its fine, im running 800x600 high details and i think 2xAA. dont think theres any lag. so probably your settings. but you say that its only when theres lots of mods together like police car? id try turn down the settings anyway

I currently run:

2gb RAM

Nvidia Geforce 7600

1.8Ghz AMD Turion 64 x2

yeah i suppose like others said, lower your settings...what is it set on? i have a 7300 and its fine, im running 800x600 high details and i think 2xAA. dont think theres any lag. so probably your settings. but you say that its only when theres lots of mods together like police car? id try turn down the settings anyway

My graphics are almost as low as i can go im on low detail, 800 x 600, i can goto 640 x 480 and it helps a little but it's still there and the picture is so crappy i keep it on 8x6

A couple things come to mind -

I don't have Vista but everyone I've talked to says the Vista "Aero" interface is a total resource hog & you can boost

your performance by shutting it off.

Most of the cars & models used in mods are (much) higher res than the originals so they will push your video card. I

changed almost every car in VC & now I have whole buildings popping in & out.

Between the 2, that's probably why your machine drags even though you're well above the minimum specs. Good luck

on getting it sorted.