Game Development Company

Desert Fox

Do any of you guys know how to even program? I mean, this can take up to months, years, and longer. You need to learn some stuff in Visual Basics and C++. If not even you (Desert Fox) can do this then how can you even go into lengths and get this game on the net?

Seriously, think this through. I've seen so many kids thinking they're gonna make a game up but they never end up doing it because they see how hard C++ is. Getting someone with this experience is hard.

we wanna be like Rockstar and Take-Two Interactive

You will never be like them. Sorry to say this on such a negative note, but when I see topics like this, all I'm thinking about is that you're an attention whore or that you're some kid thinking you know it all. But if you do know how to start something up like this, do you think you can get this published?

Wow Tm way to bash me good do you think i am stupid and dont know how much work this is gonna take i bet Dan and Sam Houser just didn't wait around for Rockstar games to be made.It's not like i am trying to make like a Bully 2 in a week or just straight up copy Rockstar and Take-Two they are my influences if you work hard at something you can achieve it so i am not just gonna give up because someone doesn't think it's a good idea.

Wow Tm way to bash me good do you think i am stupid and dont know how much work this is gonna take i bet Dan and Sam Houser just didn't wait around for Rockstar games to be made.It's not like i am trying to make like a Bully 2 in a week or just straight up copy Rockstar and Take-Two they are my influences if you work hard at something you can achieve it so i am not just gonna give up because someone doesn't think it's a good idea.

Except what they did, is go to college, university, and finished high school before taking it on.

You're what? 13? You have little to no experience in the field yourself, and you're relying heavily on other people to do the work for you. You said you'd start out with flash games, yet you're jumping right in with C++, possibly the most difficult coding language. TM has every right to criticize your approach, I'd say.

Except what they did, is go to college, university, and finished high school before taking it on.

You're what? 13? You have little to no experience in the field yourself, and you're relying heavily on other people to do the work for you. You said you'd start out with flash games, yet you're jumping right in with C++, possibly the most difficult coding language. TM has every right to criticize your approach, I'd say.

Yep, agreed...

Don't blame TM for saying the truth, Desert Faux.

Making a video game takes years, even when you have a big team behind your back, you have to make sure there's no bugs, the physics work properly, the textures and models don't look ugly, the scripts function properly, etc, and all that is hard thirsty work.

Judging by your apparent knowledge of making games you and your buddies will probably end up with a clone of Big Rigs, or worse.

These guys are right, basically....its a lot harder than you think it is / will be.

i can say that from experience, in my software class y11/12, we were making a board game, and even that was hard. you gotta start small and work up to something like that. and what does c++ have to do with flash?

I am 15 and like i said i dont expect to make a game in a week or a month i know it will take years and hard work but i am not gonna just stop trying because all you people doubt me just because some of you had failed attempts doesn't mean that we will fail to in life there will always be people trying to stop you and discourage you that only fuels me to work harder and become sucessfull.

Okay, I'm not saying you don't have the skill to do it. I just think that making a game is hard, and possibly you will get so pissed, you'll just scrap it. You firstly need some sort of experience in working in that industry, I mean, something near related to making a computer games. If you can do animation, then you can definitely make some sort of game up, but it won't be that easy.

I know this may sound harsh, but it's too complex. You need to learn some facts on C++ and use programs such as 3DS Max and Zbrush, to make such things up. You might also have to come up with something for the audio and all that, which gets annoying considering every single frame has to be right for it to seem real. But there's more, and really, I'm not going over it all.

Maybe you should learn stuff like this at College or University, because you'd see how things are incorporated and what not, then you'll probably be able to make yourself your own Game. And reading your title, a game development company? It's better to be with one rather than start your own, it would be hell for you, financially.

This sounds harsh, but it's the truth. Probably you need to see a real company/organisation making a game, it's all stress and worries etc.

Look on the net and get something for programming, some ebooks or something. Theres plenty of info out there, a lot is free.

I mean i am learning C++ but i am probally not going to be a programmer there are people in the team who know how to program way better than me i just want to start learning everything early so when i take college classes i will be ready.