PC Delays

Slyde

How unfair is the gaming world to pc gamers?

It is already incredible shit when developers plan to release PC versions of games 50 years after the console version.

It is even shitter when they say they say they are going to release it on all platforms simultaneously and delay it again less than 1 month from release.

I was slightly pissed off when i saw how far GTA IV PC is going to released in the future but i thought there were enough other releases to keep me happy. And so Saints Row PC was announced that it was going to be delayed (on the release day) till somewhere (most likely) in the next fucking year. So fuck with that. And then there was Mirror's Edge that also planned for a simultaneous, release delays the PC version till next year. So fuck that too.

And here i sit thinking oh at least Bully has been released now on PC. It apparently does not exist in my EB games.

Gratz to Far Cry 2 that made it for a simultaneous release. Just too bad I'm so sick of FPS's.

So i think to myself, what a wonderful world.

Edited by Slyde

How unfair is the gaming world to pc gamers?

It is already incredible shit when developers plan to release PC versions of games 50 years after the console version.

It is even shitter when they say they say they are going to release it on all platforms simultaneously and delay it again less than 1 month from release.

I was slightly pissed off when i saw how far GTA IV PC has been released in the future but i thought there were enough other releases to keep me happy. And so Saints Row PC was announced that it was going to be delayed(on the release day) till somewhere (most likely) in the next fucking year. So fuck with that. And then there was Mirror's Edge that also planned for a simultaneous, release delays the PC version till next year. So fuck that too.

And here i sit thinking oh at least Bully has been released now on PC now. It apparently does not exist in my EB games.

Gratz to Far Cry 2 that made it for a simultaneous release. Just too bad I'm so sick of FPS's.

So i think to myself, what a wonderful world.

Fifty years after the console release? Dang...

From seeing my own brother pissed off when developers delay PC Versions, it hits him really hard.

But yeah I see what you mean. It's pretty piss taking when you hear that a game on PC game is going to be released on the same day as the others, but then they say it's going to be a delay for that version.

But then again, people do say the PC version of these games are worth the wait, well I'm guessing if you have super power gaming PC, then it is. But some people I'm guessing would want it immediately? Well to be honest, I'd say it's worth the wait, they'd be probably having some problems with game.

The main reason developers delay the PC release is probably due to piracy, Pc versions of the games are easy to crack and pirate, Consoles on the other hand require some efforts. There are way fewer people who pirate games for consoles due to which there is more sales and more profit. The release date or details about the PC release is not given out so that more people go for the console versions.

Piracy ultimately is gonna kill PC gaming.

The main reason developers delay the PC release is probably due to piracy, Pc versions of the games are easy to crack and pirate, Consoles on the other hand require some efforts. There are way fewer people who pirate games for consoles due to which there is more sales and more profit. The release date or details about the PC release is not given out so that more people go for the console versions.

Err how does delaying help fight piracy? Also, console games apart from the PS3 are all easily pirated. Maybe even easier than PC games now because of all the security they put on it. Early leaks are always on console games.

Which one is easier and more simple, Copying one file into another folder and playing it on a PC or downloading a game to your hard drive, ripping a dvd, flashing/getting a flashed console which will immediately void the warranty and playing it? Except for guys who are really assed on pirating stuff I don't think a normal person would go throgh all that trouble.

Pirates won't buy games anyway.
Kinda obvious but not entirely true.
Xbox360 games have been leaked much earlier than PC ones(Fallout 3, Far Cry 2).
Honestly the only concern for the devs and publishers about console games getting leaked is that of the details being released to the public before the official release, how many guys do you think must have downloaded such games?
And you blame piracy. :o
Yes!
Err how does delaying help fight piracy? Also, console games apart from the PS3 are all easily pirated. Maybe even easier than PC games now because of all the security they put on it. Early leaks are always on console games.
I never said delaying helps fight piracy, I said it helps increasing the profit of the sales for consoles which are relatively less pirated.

IMO At the moment Pc releases of console games are just a way for the game devs to earn some extra profit.

Not true at all.

People saying PC gaming is dying is a myth.

Games sold on Steam make up over 80% of online game play time, yet Steam's sales aren't accounted for. Now if you have a platform with 80% of its games not being counted towards sales, the numbers are obviously going to look shitty.

PC gaming is very much alive.

Actually, PC Games will never disappear, as long as there are people who have computers and play on it, this will never happen. By far, almost alot of people around the whole world have a PC. Some people cannot afford an Xbox 360 or PS3 so PC could be there only option available. Plus you get alot more out of your PC if you have the right computer system. I doubt Piracy will kill PC gaming. I mean if you think about it, alot of people who download games for their PC are doing this, but it's also showing that they really like the game, so therefore this means that the PC gaming world will live on forever.

So to put it in more of a simplistic sentence, computer games will never die out on us. It's probably bigger than any other console out their. Plus, computer games were MADE from PC's, so developers will definitely make sure to release it for PC if they feel it needs to.