Original files for stafford needed !

Alvas.

Not sure when that changed, I remember awhile back (I think in '07) it was determined that original files were okay

to share AS LONG AS THEY COULDN'T BE USED TO CRACK THE GAME. I think that was also before V3

became available for download from steam, giving access to a version that was never dependent on a play disc.

I seem to remember Gerard stating that in one of the (very) many similar topics. I can see that alone as the reason

for a change in the rules.

When you reinstall, back up the DATA & MODELS folders outside of the GTASA directory. Test your mods one

at a time. Might sound dumb but if a mod goes wrong it saves a lot of headaches.

Forum rules are rules set down by the owners of the forum and are not always rules in the "real world". I believe as Urbanoutlaw stated above that if the file cannot be used to hack or crack the game it should be "declared harmless". But in this new data realm we live inside and have created, just a hand full of bytes can be lethal to your PC. I make it a point never to request materials that I should have back up copies made. If something like a model corrupts my GTA3.IMG there are tons of replacements available. But I have always found it off center, how you can make the least little change to a file and since it has be "modded" it becomes "legal". :blink:

JAB B)