Rapper-actor succumbs to cancer

FrancisM.jpg

Multi-awarded Filipino rap icon Francis Magalona has passed away at the Medical City in Mandaluyong around noon today. He was 44.

According to TV reports, this was announced by actor Vic Sotto in the noontime variety show Eat Bulaga, where Magalona used to be one of the hosts.

Magalona, considered as a major pillar of rap music in the country, was diagnosed with leukemia in August 2008. He is survived by his wife Pia Arroyo and children Unna, Nicolo, Francis Jr., Elmo, Arkin, Clara, and actresses Maxene and Saab. - By Dino Maragay

What a sad news for all the rappers and OGs out there, in the Philippines or throughout the world. He lived to be a legend, and he deserved to be one... My condolences to his family... We will miss you, homie...

Edited by Huckleberry Pie

yeah, i was surprised in learning the news after just arriving from home, i saw it on news...

actually I really like many of his songs, he shows the good side of Filipino hip hop scene, and I love his t-shirts which is the "three stars and a sun", I am dying to buy a shirt with that design, it is just so epic and patriotic... I'm going to buy one of his shirts soon :)

yeah, i was surprised in learning the news after just arriving from home, i saw it on news...

actually I really like many of his songs, he shows the good side of Filipino hip hop scene, and I love his t-shirts which is the "three stars and a sun", I am dying to buy a shirt with that design, it is just so epic and patriotic... I'm going to buy one of his shirts soon :)

I salute him for his patriotism and his desire to make his fellow citizens love their home country. Francis, wherever you are, saludo po kami sa inyo... God Bless him and his family... :coolthumbup:

my brother said that Gloc 9 and Andrew E (both are rival rappers) and other Filipino rappers performed the song "Lando" in memory of Francis M in a noon time show... i dunno exactly if its true.

yeah as far as I know, Francis M is the one who motivated and helped Gloc 9 to become famous

I'm sure Gloc-9 is crying right now.
my brother said that Gloc 9 and Andrew E (both are rival rappers) and other Filipino rappers performed the song "Lando" in memory of Francis M in a noon time show... i dunno exactly if its true.

yeah as far as I know, Francis M is the one who motivated and helped Gloc 9 to become famous

For sure; Kuya Kiko was a big loss to the industry, no doubt that his colleagues and fellow MC's are mourning over his untimely demise...