America's new tobacco bill

Spaz The Great

Kids will always find a way to smoke if they want to. So banning flavoured tobacco is hardly going to help.

I agree, but a kid who hates the taste of a regular cigarette but still wants to smoke (why, I don't know) a flavored cigarette offers an alternative.

Then they get an older kid, or someone who looks older who won't get ID'd to buy them.

I think the whole law is pointless to be honest with you.

Especially once they legalize marijuana (which I do think will happen one day).

Flavored cigarettes are too expensive for most kids to afford. Since they are not banning menthol, and that is what most people start on anyways, kids are just going to turn to that.

The only reason I could afford cloves when I was younger is I told my mother that lunch cost about $5 a day at school. Of course she wanted me to eat so she forked over the money without a second thought. Since I didn't actually eat school lunch I used the money for cloves, green tea, and granola bars at the local gas station.

Still I could only afford one pack every two weeks or so.

• 2 weeks later...

Corrupt? Not really.

They just think that fools who don't do a thing should get a money of the rich.. and the smokers.

Our government just spends too much. They don't seem to realize that some things just shouldn't be paid by them. Like soccer. Why the hell is the government giving buckets of money to our shitty teams?

Corrupt? Not really.

They just think that fools who don't do a thing should get a money of the rich.. and the smokers.

Our government just spends too much. They don't seem to realize that some things just shouldn't be paid by them. Like soccer. Why the hell is the government giving buckets of money to our shitty teams?

That's called corrupt.....

It's a system with a flaw. The system is corrupt. ;)

Ah, yes. It that sense it is.

I was more thinking in terms of having leaders that take hold back tax-payers money for themselves, which isn't the case in the Netherlands. In fact, nobody working for, or being paid by the government may earn more than 180 000 EUR. And over that sum there still is 50% tax, so people working for the government really can't get these massive salaries.

Though there were a few exeptions.. But that's changing now, as the government thought it to be rediculous that a few being paid by tax-payers money, were earning sums exceeding that sum.

That aside, our system does have a huge flaw in my opinion.. even though they call it 'humane', it just isn't logical.