Sign in to follow this  
GTA Index

GTA IV Is Slow...

Hello Guys!

today i've installed gta iv it's running but it's so slow Here is my OS :

zoco6h.jpg

And I've got MSI 8500GT graphic card With 1/GB memory

it's ok that my graphic card is a little slow to run GTA IV but in my brother computer the graphic card is 8600/512 MB Ram

and 8600 is in GTA IV recommended system requirements everything except the graphic card in my brother

computer are same, same ram, sam hard disk, same processor only graphic card in my brother's computer is 8600 with 512 MB Of ram but in his computer also the gta iv is not running like it should.

i've tried many configurations but nothing worked so before upgrading my graphic card i would like to ask if there is anything else i need to upgrade ?

please reply.

thanks in advance.

The processor does need some upgrading. GTA IV is known to have performance bottleneck issues on CPUs, so a faster chip is better. The video card's fine on medium-low, though, and your RAM should be enough for the job.

Yeah your CPU will need up-grading, tbh it will run on a overclocked Intel P4 but id suggest a dual core minimum, tbh i have an amd Phenom X4 II that runs at 3.6 and it as slow for me, although at the time i haf 2 gigs or BRG ram and im on windows 7 ;), the games seems to be a ram hog (cough windows cough)

Good point there about the Graphics card, i got fed up of my FPS being below 50 with my 8800GT so i went and got a GTX295, and it works a dream, tbh, you need a compleate overhaul, and you ram might be ok, but it depends what speed it is to;)