Progress with my Tower of Terror mod

Huckleberry Pie

Hmm, it's been a long time since I posted a WIP thread about the Hollywood Tower Hotel for SA. I decided to put the release on hold until all issues have been cleared. As for now I'm practically done with the building:

23rpmhu.jpg

Besides some minor details, the only things that I'm thinking of are textures, pre-lighting and the issue of map placement. Any thoughts on this? :awesome:

Sketchup, right? I don't use that anymore :P It has too many collision bugs no matter what you did, so I moved out to 3ds. Harder but worth it, I didn't need any tuts, I just practised a bit, etc.

*Spider-Vice tries to make the Hollywood tower in 3ds. May take 100 years. :P

That's a bit of a problem. I don't mind much about COL bugs for now, although it is quite a pesky issue.

Really Nice. Keep coming with stuff like this...

Gee, thanks dude.

Looks pretty nice.

Hmm I guess you wouldnt want to replace any existing buildings to avoid issues...you could always put it on a island like the F1 Track, well theres a road going to it but still its in the middle of the water.

Yeah, blame it on the map system GTA3-era games use.

Uh....... What exactly would the point be? Can you actually ride it?

Hmm, nah. It's just my personal challenge, to see if I could plant a building in SA. I intend it to be a semi-functional hotel-slash-safehouse.