Sound glitch

RPhilMan1

Hey all, I'm new to the site. I've been coming to the site and reading for about a month now, getting ready for SA on my PC. Well now I've got it and it is awesome. There's one thing that's bugging me. Whenever it rains, my sound glitches in the game and mostly everything becomes muted. Sometimes when the rain stops, the sound will come back. But sometimes it doesn't come back. This is really annoying and it has become frustrating as I have to quit the game and come back in. A friend of mine said he read about this problem somewhere and that's why he's getting it on Xbox. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Does anyone know if there will be an offical patch that will fix this problem? I absolutely love this game and I have been playing a lot lately. I have about 15 hours in the past two days. I need this sound glitch to be resolved quickly... it's very irratating! Thanks for your time. Peace.

*Claps hands for PS2 version*

mabye its just a crappy sound card, not enought ram, etc.

It could be. I meet recommended specs for ram (512), but I am not sure about my sound card. My Dell is about 3+ years old, and I have a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card. I am not sure if it is Directx9 compatable. I bought a ATI RADEON 9800 PRO 256MB video card last year so I know I'm good there. I also have a P4 1.9ghz so I am fine there, too. My sound card could be old and not compatable. Can anyone verify that? Thanks.

Hehe I managed to get this glitch the other night, during a mission it happened where it started raining just as one of the characters was talking (you know when the radio goes all quiet). But I quit the game after that anyway so I'm not sure if it would have stayed like that.

My soundcard is really old too so I guess it could be the problem.

• 1 year later...
:jumpon: hell yeah . i have another problem with my sound in san andreas. when i shoot something, the sound is a little interrupting my whole game. i have a pentium 4 1.6 ghz, 384 mb of ram, ati radeon 9550 128 mega 128 bits and my soundcard is since 2001, a bad realtek, an old one, newer ones work perfectly. I think c-media can solve this problem !!!

384 mb of ram

How the f*** did you get that amount?

anyway, if I pause the game I get a loud iritating crakling sound of rain. Or if I last waz in a heli or plane, I'l hear a damn loud enigen of those things. For cars you will hear a engine that can't start or something. It's really bothering.

How the f*** did you get that amount?

anyway, if I pause the game I get a loud iritating crakling sound of rain. Or if I last waz in a heli or plane, I'l hear a damn loud enigen of those things. For cars you will hear a engine that can't start or something. It's really bothering.

256mb + 128mb /128mb + 128mb + 128mb (if his motherboard supports it)

or

64mb + 128mb + 64mb + 128mb

• 1 month later...

its defiently the sound card, ive had this problem before, some old cards cant handle too much different sounds playing at once so when it rains it mutes the other sounds because it cant handle all those different sounds at once, if your sound card is new, make sure you have the correct and up to date drivers installed for it and make sure there are no conflicts with it in the device manager, but if you have an old card it will be that