starting a new project "resurfacing and painting my desk"

umadniko

My desk in need of repair and is just "minor" thing so the last few day i was using wood putty and fill in the hole and crack and is coming out great and now there is a issues that i overlook..........oops!

My desk came with a laminated or some type of film that the manufactured put on and i want to spray paint it so i when down to home depot and when i was there and when to paint and told them about my project and they told me that i need a "primer and them spray paint" and when she said this i kinda was sure if that was correct so i when to the front of the paint dept and i ask this gentle of what am i do and what that lady told me so he advises me that is would take forever for " primer and spray it " so he suggested that to get a 1/2 gallon and i ask him how much is was about $13.00 conpair with the primer and spray paint together was about $7.00 and i told him "i think about it" and left and i will look around more maybe lowes or walmart be cheaper ?

Yeah, go primer then paint. I would try to get all the laminate stuff off first and smooth it out real nice. There are a billion 'do-it yourself' websites for little projects like this. Google it and good luck!

Btw, it's not going to be worth the time/effort to go somewhere further. $13 is a pretty minuscule amount.