Project 8...

Nate10

Alright.So I just rented Tony Hawk's Project 8 and i'm quite dissapointed...The 'Nail The Trick' is pretty satisfying once you learn how to do it but the graphics are barely better.I mean,they are but not to noticable.The missions are so agrivating and almost stupid.My review out of 10 is a 7.5.So my question is,what's your review.

Things started going downhill with Tony Hawks Underground. I liked it, but it just wasn't there like thps3 or 4. THUG2 really sucked.. then thaw.. was horrible.. so I'm not suprised project 8 is bad. Probably won't get it for a long, long time. Thanks for reminding me it exists and to be glad I didn't waste 50 bucks on it to play online with a bunch of noobs.

I've been playing for years. Started playing THPS4 some months after it came out, and finally got a network adapter (PS2) to play online. Where I met a few people, which heavily influenced me. Acid, Fire, Banks, Andy, and a few others. Banks got me to get THUG1. Which, I heavily enjoyed. I didn't for a few months, then I actually did after losing contact with Banks. Would play in the Newbie and west coast servers. You heard of the whole tXo thing right? I have no clue what got me into that server, but I did go into there. Played with a bunch of really good people from clans like F8, txo, SiN, gFx, aSS.. and a few others. Ran across banks again (Wierd.. yeah..) and got into his clan that he ran (gFx) a long time later with details that I don't feel like typing up. That ended when spring rolled around and everyone was getting out and such. I think I was in 7th grade, was pretty fat. Lol.

I was pretty good.. don't have any vids or anything, but you could probably go into a THPS forum (Popular, good one) and someone's bound to know the name enj0i.

Then THUG2 came out.. wow.. I was.. pretty dissapointed with it. But played anyway 'cause of the people I knew and shit. Quit about a month into it.. because.. well, I hated it. A few people from my ex-clan.. .:X:. got me to play again.. I dunno, around February. Got me playing full time pretty much then. Andy got into a well known clan (aSS) and well, I started going with him a bit.. and some more. So finnally.. I wanted in.. as did a few other people. Made friends with a bunch of them.. and yeah. I almost got in. I don't even remember why I didn't. :/

Pretty much sucked. You've heard of airwg and his famous 1 billion runs right? Used to be in the same room (server room.) watching him do it.. sadly.. THAW release came too early and he gave up..

So then ofcourse, i waste my 50 bucks on it. And am even more dissapointed. I found the story fun, but there were a lot of uneeded things. Like free running, or whatever it was. And that.. burt slide. Ofcourse it had to be learned to cope with, but people make mistakes sometimes. The levels wern't as fun.. create a park wasn't NEAR as good, no Create a deck, the tunnels were just masks for loading. Poor attempt. Kinda obvious what it was doing.

Nothing HUGE in terms of innovativation was added. THPS2 was manuals.. THPS3 was reverts, THPS4 was spine transfer / flatland tricks that wern't specials, THUG was walking and wallplants. THUG2.. had rolls and flips... was useful. But nothing big. THAW had NOTHING that was really useful in terms of kicking ass online. Didn't find the extra, uneeded options fun, but that's my opinion.

So there's my huge and totally uneeded story. I've been quite some places.

What's new in THP8?

Edit: Just saying, I met someone through thug2, and his neighbor is my best friend whom I love to death.

Things started going downhill with Tony Hawks Underground. I liked it, but it just wasn't there like thps3 or 4. THUG2 really sucked.. then thaw.. was horrible.. so I'm not suprised project 8 is bad. Probably won't get it for a long, long time. Thanks for reminding me it exists and to be glad I didn't waste 50 bucks on it to play online with a bunch of noobs.

Erg.There is no online on Project 8 which is what I call stupid.Ya.THUG was good,THUG2 sucked balls,THAW was good and so far Project 8 sucks.To easy but i'm still on first level lol.Manualingis too easy,just pless square and you just need to press square to do revert and manual without pressing R2 and then up down.That's stupid.Nail The Trick is satisfying on the PS3 and XBox 360 but on PS2 and XBox it's far too easy and stupid.The board lights up when you need to change or if you want to change.Graphics are barely noticably better.No more create a design,no create a park,no create a deck and so on and so.The create a player is so stupid.Only threee people you can choose from.And clothes are pretty damn limited.Overall for my review now is 6.0...If this is next generation Tony Hawk they're in for a very bad susprise.

So they don't even use the same controls anymore? Is there online for the 360? I might be getting one.. and I'm a partial fan of the series now.. after all of that dissapointment..

No online on any console.Pretty sure about that.I'm so pissed about Project 8 right now.I thought this was gonna be the shit.It is this shit but not the good shit lol.And Tec 9.This is not gonna give you a nex gen fix at all.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/code/932714.html

Gamerscore is that thing on XBL right? It's on 360 as far as I know. They use seperate servers though, which explains the 10 dollar a month thing. To pay for them. Gamespy sucks anyway.

Does anyone.. collect them? I've got all of them for the PS systems except for THUG2 and THPS8 (I'll do without that one)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/code/932714.html

Gamerscore is that thing on XBL right? It's on 360 as far as I know. They use seperate servers though, which explains the 10 dollar a month thing. To pay for them. Gamespy sucks anyway.

Does anyone.. collect them? I've got all of them for the PS systems except for THUG2 and THPS8 (I'll do without that one)

Nah.I just have THUG(PS2),THUG2(Nintendo Sp.But I have played it on PS2 so I know it sucks)and THAW(PS2).Right now i'm renting Project 8 though.Hate it so far.