Rankings

GeoQuin4

Alright, I've been playing this game since it's original release for PS2, I've completed it four times to 100% and I do not use any cheats at all. But I've come to realize that when I'm looking at my stats page there is a "rank" in the top right corner. I know that the score can get to 1mil. But how the hell do I get my score up quickly?

I've gotten to level 250 so far on the vigilanty missions and my score is going up pretty fast, but there has to be an easier way that doesn't involve starving to death while trying to rack up the points.

Edited by GeoQuin4

You can get points by not eating? Well I probably got as much points as Spaz gots posts lol and seriously.

No, but you can't eat while you're killing people, and if you leave the helicopter outside and go in to eat, when you come outside it is gone. And I don't use cheat codes so I can't just spawn the thing.

hey in vigilante missions when you pass level 12 doesn't your armor supposed to go up to 150%? because i did it with the tank and it said that i got it, but my bar still looked the same length.

It's supposed to be the same length but you lose armor slower since your armor was increased to 150%.

yeah i thought it was something like that, but then i told myself no. lol :D

Pretty good score and nice way to get it lol. I'm not sure what my score is since I restarted the game but I found the Criminal Ratings right here: http://thegtaplace.com/sanandreas/criminalratings.php something strange about it is that one of the first few is Vic POSSIBLY refferincing to the protaganist in VCS: Vic Vance. But I forgot what that's short for if it is short for anything. Lol.

• 1 year later...

I've been trying to get my score up as well. The best way to get points is to get $$$. The health/armor/$250k cheat actually raises your criminal rating, the wanted level cheat lowers it by 30 points or so. I maxed out my money after getting 100% using the horse race betting (which is incredibly tedious) but only got to about 300,000 points. After you max out money that no longer raises your criminal rating. Even if you won another 120 mil on betting, you don't get anything. Also, if you spend money you lose criminal rating so if you plan to spend your money on weapons or something, don't bother.

Shooting down helicopters or hydras is the best way to raise your points after maxing out on money. Each heli/hydra gives you 30 points. So by that math I have to shoot down 23,333 helicopters or hydras. I just get on top of a building near a safehouse and shoot down helicopters till I get bored. You can usually get around 5 per minute, so it should take 77 hours give or take of nonstop shooting down helicopters to get the necessary points for King of SA.

If anybody has a better method of gaining criminal rating please let me know. Also, those people who actually got to 1,000,000, I salute you for being an outstanding time-waster!