Crackdown Discussion

Chris

B000F6Y5I2.02._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

So the Crackdown demo has been out on the Xbox 360 for a few weeks now, and the game was released recently including Halo 3 beta invite.

What does everyone here think of the game? It's created by Dave Jones, he's the guy who created GTA, so it's instantly awesome just by that fact.

I've had the game for 2 days now, and I'd say I'm roughly halfway through it already, yeah it seems to be a pretty short game. My other dislike is that it doesn't seem to have much of a storyline - obviously it has something, but it seems a little weak. But those are my only gripes with the game, as apart from those I love it.

The gameplay is great. Ragdoll physics are implemented properly (not like the crap implementation seen in San Andreas) so if you stick 10 grenades under a dead body and explode them they are going to go a long way in the air :P

The graphics are awesome too. You might think with the cartoony effect that they aren't, but once you get up some insanely high buildings you see that the draw distance is incredible, the water looks like real life water. And the cartoony effect is good for the game I think - it doesn't make it seem stupid that we can jump amazingly high and throw cars and other objects hundreds of feet, it seems normal, whereas if it had been made to look realistic it would be ridiculous.

Right now I'm actually going round getting Xbox 360 achievements, because I want this game to last because I really like it, it just feels like it's going to be over within a week. And after clearing out each city of all the gangs, will there be nothing left to do? I guess I'll find that out for myself soon enough.

Anyway, this is the official discussion topic now. If you have a 360, go out and get Crackdown, it's great. If not then GTFO this thread! And for those of you still sceptic, hopefully the Halo 3 beta invite should attract your attention.

Oh and also I made need someone to do co-op missions with so let me know if you're up for that.

Discuss.

I'm surprised nobody here is interested this game, yesterday when I signed on in the afternoon to play the game, I noticed something which made me assume that all GTA players like Crackdown... reason why.

My friends list had 4 other GTA webmasters, all of them were playing Crackdown, including myself that makes 5 of us. We were all playing single player though, co-op is laggy as hell at the moment, they need to release an update to fix it.

So does anyone else here have the game? I need to do some co-op stuff if anyone wouldn't mind :)