Why the moon will not be colonized

Chrisman

Many people think that some of the world will be colonizing the moon. Here is an explanation to why it will not happen

All water on the moon is in deep craters on the poles of the moon where the sun never reaches. Where the sun is, it's over 100 degrees celsius hot. Where it doesn't reach there is -173 degrees celsius. To be outside where you live you need space suits and oxygen. The house also needs to keep out the cold, and not melt. The house you live in must be totally isolated or the oxygen will run out and you will freeze to death in the night.

If you have anyhing to say against it, then please post. Don't post: "Yeah, we won't ever get to the moon", "I agree", "People that think we will colonize the moon are stupid", "lol", or "They will probably think of something"

I don't completely disagree.But i mean.How come the Lunar Module etc survived the Heat you mentioned.

Or take Ceramic for example.It is very bad conductor of Heat.Scientists could use that for Walls of The Lab or Residence to be built.

Water could be got,like how it is obtained in Russian Skylab.

Yeah.I agree there isnt any permanent source of water.Still it can be overcomed

Still.I think.What would man archive by LIVING on moon.

I mean discovering,finding,studing >>> OK

Living and all sounds weird to me!

Many people think that some of the world will be colonizing the moon. Here is an explanation to why it will not happen

All water on the moon is in deep craters on the poles of the moon where the sun never reaches. Where the sun is, it's over 100 degrees celsius hot. Where it doesn't reach there is -173 degrees celsius. To be outside where you live you need space suits and oxygen. The house also needs to keep out the cold, and not melt. The house you live in must be totally isolated or the oxygen will run out and you will freeze to death in the night.

If you have anyhing to say against it, then please post. Don't post: "Yeah, we won't ever get to the moon", "I agree", "People that think we will colonize the moon are stupid", "lol", or "They will probably think of something"

I sort of disagree with you on that. There has to be a spot where the temperatures meet and there isn't gonna be a sudden freak drop or raise in one area. I agree with you in the whole part about us not colonizing there and living off of its natural resources, but it is possible to live there in some sort of oxygenated house, station or whatever. It would obviously cost a lot of money to live there at first, everything is expensive at first, but the price would eventually drop because the cost of making it possible would lower just like everything else. With that statement I just made, you could easily disagree with me and compare gas prices and what not, but I hope you know what I meant by it.

• 4 weeks later...
There has to be a spot where the temperatures meet and there isn't gonna be a sudden freak drop or raise in one area.

No there isn't. There's places where it's in sunshine for 90% of the year, and places where it's in the dark for 90% of the year. But the reason the moon gets so hot and cold is because there isn't an atmosphere, nothing to keep the moon warm when the sun goes down, or to keep the moon cooler when the sun is high in the sky. Oh and Chrisman, just because it's a harsh enviroment doesn't mean it won't be colonised. How many places (other than the Earth) do you think are perfect for humans in the Milky Way? Next to zero. The point is about colonising to turn the harsh frontier into a livable place, thus terraforming. The temperature differential could be fixed by an atmosphere, stick oxygen in that atmosphere and it'd be livable.

Perhaps a far more valid point for your arguement would simply be that gravity is far less, people that grow up on the moon would be very tall and wouldn't encounter serious problems if they tried living on Earth for a long period of time. (i.e. too much stress on their bones and muscles)